AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking for a new 5.1 speaker set with sub. Have some suggestions thrown at me in other threads so I figured I'd start my own. Had someone suggest the Energy take classic 5.1 set, which does look incredible but at 400 bucks little more than I wanna spend right now. Did some research on my own and find the Polk rm6750 set. At 180 it's under half the price and the reviews have been pretty stellar.

The setup is In a 12x12 living room. Would a nicer bigger set like the Energy be a better buy? Would I get great sound out of the Polk system if I were to go that route? Using Denon 1611 receiver and this will be 90% for movie/tv watching, music is not something I'm focused toward playing with this setup.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I haven't hear either...but based on a lot of comments on here:

Energy- better than Polk, Polk- better than most all htibs

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well clearly the energy system is better, but I'm lookin for most bang for my buck here...if the energy is that I will go that route, but if the Polk is fantastic for the money I would have no problem going that route eithet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.