AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the comparison between Polk RT800 vs Polk Monitor 50 and how much a pair of RT800 is worth. What are the differences between RT800 and RT800i? thanks.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magihyren /forum/post/18261481

Can someone tell me the comparison between Polk RT800 vs Polk Monitor 50 and how much a pair of RT800i is worth, thanks.

Very nice speaker and much better than the M50...I wouldn't pay more than $200. I've seen them go for more and less. They are worth more, but that's a fair price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I did not want to start a new thread when my question is so similar.

I am thinking about "upgrading" my rt600's and cs245i center to Monitor 50's and cs1 center.

Net cost to me would be around $25 because I would be buying the m50's and cs1 used on craigslist. Would this be an upgrade though?

Other facts:

I have a sub: PSW50 (8 inch 100w) to fill out the low end.

I live in a condo with a cement floor so I though front ported M50 might allow me to worry less about bothering the homowners association president that lives right below me than bottom ported rt600?

I am a grad student so I cannot buy new. I would be buying the monitor 50's and cs1 for $165. I was hoping to sell the rt600/cs245i for at least $140.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Just don't do it. As stated above the RT series are a step above the Monitors. Front ported vs bottom ported doesn't matter, however the 600s provide better bass than the M50s, probably quite a bit better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts