AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a klipsch guy for several years now, but I think I am beginning to want more warmth and depth in my music. I am looking for a decent 2 channel or possible 2.1 system for my office/ bedroom. I love the look of the AV123 Elt 525, but I am worried about its inefficiency. The Polk rTi a1 are my other option at this point. I have never owned polk audio, what are their sound characteristics? I am replacing some old Bose 141 speakers that have performed, in my opinion, valiantly for almost 10 years. The Bose still produce deep sound, but it is muddled. Could someone please help me out with the strengths/ weaknesses of these two speakers or any others that may be a good bet for approx. $300?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr1888 /forum/post/17005634

I have been a klipsch guy for several years now, but I think I am beginning to want more warmth and depth in my music. I am looking for a decent 2 channel or possible 2.1 system for my office/ bedroom. I love the look of the AV123 Elt 525, but I am worried about its inefficiency. The Polk rTi a1 are my other option at this point. I have never owned polk audio, what are their sound characteristics? I am replacing some old Bose 141 speakers that have performed, in my opinion, valiantly for almost 10 years. The Bose still produce deep sound, but it is muddled. Could someone please help me out with the strengths/ weaknesses of these two speakers or any others that may be a good bet for approx. $300?

how are you a klipsch guy if you owned bose lol.

I suggest you go audition different brands on the market to get a good idea of what you like.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred7078 /forum/post/17007358

how are you a klipsch guy if you owned bose lol.

I suggest you go audition different brands on the market to get a good idea of what you like.

My main setup (living room home theater) is Klipsch and a Pioneer 1018 with sound from Apple TV and PS3 via HDMI. My current stereo setup is an old marantz receiver and Bose 141s. I think the receiver is good to go for this application, but I think I can upgrade considerably from the 141s. I bought the Bose almost 10 years ago at a Bose outlet for $60. That is possibly the best $60 I have spent. I find the wood veneers and sleek lines on speakers like the Polk rTi a1, Energy RC-10, and AV123 525 to be very appealing. I build small furniture as a hobby, and the craftsmanship of these speakers interests me. I would like to have a pair of speakers that sound and look great. For this application, look great means beautiful wood veneer and clean lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts