AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to get by a couple stores to do some auditioning lately. I already have a Denon 1910 and a Acoustech PA-120 sub. I am looking for front soundstage- budget is $500-ish

I really enjoyed the Polk RTi: A3 speakers, the salesperson offered me RTi 6 speakers two for $180. He told me that this was the older model and the only real difference is the cabinet shape. Does that sound right?

Also enjoyed the Def Tech Procinema 1000 speakers, but unfortunately this was a different store so I did not have a back-to-back comparison.

I'm looking for something 90% for TV, movies, and some PS3.

What characteristics could I expect from those? Are there other speakers in this price range I could consider? HTD?

·
Registered
19,802 Posts
That is a good price on the Rti6 - HTD will have a different sound

character, that will be easier on the ears - look at their Level Three

bookshelf and center channel. The Pro Monitor 1000 sounds good.

I do not know how it will sound with your sub.

If you can handle towers, then at www.onecall.com - look at the

Boston VR1 towers and VRC center speaker.

·
Registered
19,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleATheater /forum/post/19522670

I'm still considering Polk RTI6 setup vs a HTD setup. I just have no idea what the HTD's may sound like. I've heard the Polks and thought forward do sound fine for the price.

That is a good price on the Polk's and if you like that sound - then go

for it. The HTD Level Three will have more of a British type sound. The

Level Two has a more robust sound than the Level Three. A lot of people

like the Rti speakers. For $180, the Rti6 is a better deal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your tips everyone.

I was looking anywhere within $600 for the front 3 speakers, but a pair of RTi6 speakers for $180 is tough to pass up!!

Best center match would be a Csi3 I assume?

·
Registered
477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy409 /forum/post/19524144

Thanks for your tips everyone.

I was looking anywhere within $600 for the front 3 speakers, but a pair of RTi6 speakers for $180 is tough to pass up!!

Best center match would be a Csi3 I assume?

I've been searching for a CSI5 but only really expensive or used. So it will probably be RTI6 fronts, CSI3 center, and RTI4 surrounds. Sub will be a Lava LSP12. Still unsure to match then with a Onkyo 608 or a marantz Sr5003 for receiver.

Any thoughts on receiver or where to get a CSI5?

·
Registered
19,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleATheater /forum/post/19525218

I've been searching for a CSI5 but only really expensive or used. So it will probably be RTI6 fronts, CSI3 center, and RTI4 surrounds. Sub will be a Lava LSP12. Still unsure to match then with a Onkyo 608 or a marantz Sr5003 for receiver.

Any thoughts on receiver or where to get a CSI5?

Looks like Ebay may be the only choice for now - for Csi5 center. The Marantz is a

good match up, for the Rti Polks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.