AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering your opinion, this would be for the time on a 2.1 setup, the sub being a Boston XB6.

I can get a pair of the Polk RTi A3's for just under $200, brand new. (directly from Polk, they aren't anything stolen or whatever) but I was also considering the tsi300 floor standings, which I've listened to, and can get for about 170 a pair. They sounded ok, but a buddy of mine has used both, and said the a3's are much nicer speakers.

Is there anything else around in that price range that's even close? I can't imagine so. Problem is I can't find a place locally that has the A3's on display, and if I order them, they can't be returned, hmm...

Just looking for some opinions or insight on the decision.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

·
Registered
29,317 Posts
For $200/pr you can't do much better than that unless you go used. That's a good deal on the RtiA3.

You could get some Athena LS-300 towers for $99 each but you'd have trouble finding a matching center later since the line is discontinued.

I'd go with the Polks.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think you'd be very happy with the RTi A3's, and for that price, they can't really be beat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.