AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build a system with a pair of RTi A9 connected to a denon avr-2309 receiver. Is there something better for my money or will I be pleased with these. Going in a 10'x11' room with a 55" samsung b650. I have about 10" of room on each side of my setup before I run into wall so I'm having to find floorstand speakers that will fit this minimal space, thus limiting my options on speakers. Also plan on the CSi A6 center and will begin searching surrounds. Please offer some advice! Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've lurked onto the klipsh boards and the polk boards. I just like the looks of the polks but I have no local retailer that has anything even close to these so I'm basing my purchase off of user reviews.. ugh! I've even considered going satellite speakers but i'm afraid the satellites won't provide the sound I'm looking for. I want as close to a theater as I can get and also want that "crowd feel" as I watch my football games.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boben /forum/post/16957883

i've lurked onto the klipsh boards and the polk boards. I just like the looks of the polks but I have no local retailer that has anything even close to these so I'm basing my purchase off of user reviews.. ugh! I've even considered going satellite speakers but i'm afraid the satellites won't provide the sound I'm looking for. I want as close to a theater as I can get and also want that "crowd feel" as I watch my football games.

Ya skip the satellites. The RTi 9's are very good, they put out a lot of sound and don't require a ton of power but improve with more amplification. The only problem that some have had with the RTi line is the highs are a little more forward or pronounced, maybe 3-5db over flat response but that's actually good for movies and sports imo but not for music. The RTi 9 is built a bit different than the rest of the RTi line and I've heard the tweet is laid back a little compared to other RTi's. For football and movies and even music I'm sure it performs very well. I guess your only issue is if there's something better for the price? That I don't know but if you are willing to buy used I'm sure there is but maybe not brand new.

·
Registered
872 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts