AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I wanted some opinions on Polk RTi series. I know at regular price there are better options but I am getting 57% off retail. At this price im thinking there is nothing else comparable to it since im getting such a good price but I want to be sure. I will not be using this for music hardly at all. It will almost always be used for games and movies. What are your opinions on Polk(For over half price)

Also I cant find it anywhere but I would like to know if the RTI series uses vifa tweeters or if thats just the LSi series.(I cant get LSi at that price or I would already have bought it. :D )

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I'm not sure which tweeter it uses, but it's not the Vifa XT25 that the RTi uses. I want to say it's not Vifa at all, but I'm not 100% on that. Going by the frequency response, it should be fine for HT without a sub if you get RTi10 or possibly RTi8.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have:

RTi8 (LR)

CSi5 (C)

RTi6 (SR, SBR, SBL, SL)

I find them to be outstanding for HT. The silk dome tweeters (not sure the MFG)can be a bit bright/sibilant with poorly de-essed material but you'll only notice this on live broadcasts usually. Never had an issue with this on movies. In all, very clear and detailed and I've been very happy with them.

For music, they can tend toward the bright side but not annoyingly so. It all depends on your tastes. They don't suck by any means but it won't matter in your case anyway.

I believe Polk had HT in mind for these and they do shine in this application.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
The XT25 in the LSi is sometimes described as slightly bright as well.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
The rti series are a very good match with denon,marantz or HK and Yamaha . Lou

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think the RTi series is very nice. The sound is slightly edgy, as mentioned, which I think is a good thing for movies. Polk has excellent customer service; the speakers are well-built and sound good. At 57% off, it's a no-brainer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.