AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My initial position is to just get the cambridge t500s since they look so nice and have such good base, but my pocket book is forcing me to at least consider the polk rti150s.

Does anyone know how the polks would compare t the cambridges other than less base?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I trust Cambridge speakers for the most part, and they have a terrific return policy if you're not happy.

Old Polks were good, newer models iffy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i am new to the home theater hobby but i recently bought a whole polk audio set up including the following:

2 rti 150

4 fxi50

1 csi40

and they sound great. i have yet to get my sub. i haven't decided on that piece yet . i am debating between svs,hsu, and earthquake. but listening to the eagles when hell freezes over on digital dts i think if i closed my eyes i could slap don henley in the mouth. lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i might be leaning back towards the polks a little. If only the cambridegs T500s didn't look so much better, this decision would be much easier. err.. lol

If the price was the same on them, I would take the cambridge just for the way they look and not worry about them possibly not sounding as good as the polks, if not better. Unfortunately, they are twice the price of the polks :(

Guess I'll just have to go do a side by side on my next day off, and make up my own mind since no one here wants to make it up for me. LOL:D

cyacop, what receiver are you using by the way?

·
Registered
80 Posts
don't go on looks and price alone. i went by looks with my ex-wife ! she cost me a ton of money and didn't perform the way i expected. do you get what i am saying. true analogy. next wife might be more plain looking but will probably perform better. is the price difference in speakers worth the look and will you tell that big of a difference in the way they perform. the reciever i use is a Onkyo tx-sr800 which i also like pretty well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.