AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
You have to make sure the rc55i are sonic matches for the csi3. I have the csi3, and I believe the sonic matches are the RTi series. I am not familiar with the rc55i, so you should check into that. Matching the front left. center, and right is very important to getting the best sound.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are supposed to match the tweater size on the front l/r speakers and the center one....then they will be matched. the surround sound does not matter as much and can have different tweaters.??

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The best way to match is to contact the manufacturer and ask. If that fails, you can try to match up the size/materials of the tweeter and also the size/materials of the mid range drivers. But ideally, you'd contact them. For example, on the Polk site they tell you clearly that the csi centers are matched to the rti line.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes - Polk tells you what the matches are on SOME of the speakers.....

they don't mention anything on the rc55i or rc65i.....but they DO match the rc85i with the csi3.....

So - I used the rc55i for my surround (different tweater but I heard that is OK for surround) and the rc85i for the fronts and csi3 for the center......

What about the subwoofer - I am using a completely different one from Panasonic.

thanks for the heads up Cam.....yah, I am from Boston and was a big fan of Cam Neely growing up.....good old number 8!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.