AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Anyone have this Polk soundbar???

- how does it compare to other soundbar - wireless sub models?

i want a powered soundbar solution for our pub/bar room to enhance the 46" Samsung LCD

orginally the room was designed for watching sports, but has grown now to be one of our favorite family rooms with a HD-cable box, HTPC, Wii and PS3

so i am looking for a good solution without having to run 5.1/7.1 wires or receiver

·
Registered
875 Posts
Don't have this one, but compared side by side with Sony and Boston Acoustics. Polk was a clear winner in SQ to my ears, with BA running a close second, but not nearly as full and wide.

What keeps the SurroundBar SDA different from other Polk SurroundBar products is that the SDA is a 2-channel stereo-only solution, and simply takes a single RCA stereo input and relies on external input switching - if all your sources connect directly to the TV, then make sure your TV also has stereo RCA output (most do).

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
MrMcCrackin,

Did you finally buy the Polk SurroundBar SDA?

If you did, appreciate it if you would share your views on it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpedris /forum/post/17271144

MrMcCrackin,

Did you finally buy the Polk SurroundBar SDA?

If you did, appreciate it if you would share your views on it?

Thanks!

sorry - i did not

i read about issues with wireless sub interference with cordless phones and wireless internet

so i am now looking at the Zvox 425xs.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCrackin /forum/post/17292546

sorry - i did not

i read about issues with wireless sub interference with cordless phones and wireless internet

so i am now looking at the Zvox 425xs.

Where did you read about these issues? Was it in this forum?

I listened to a unit at BestBuy and it sounded pretty good. The vocals were surprisingly clear and I could hear the sub blending in nicely. Of course there may not have been other wireless devices there that could have interfered with the Sub signal.

Thanks for the update and good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCrackin /forum/post/17293357

^^

i dont remember where i read that - i think maybe Amazon or crutchfield?

Thanks!

Shall check those sites.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought the Polk Surroundbar SDA a couple of days ago. Set up in a corner of my bedroom and it sounds great. I have a Bluetooth keyboard about thirty feet away and have no interference/problems. There are four channel selects on the soundbar and sub, just in case there is a problem, but I didn't need to switch them. Would have liked to check out a Zvox, but I think the Polk was a better choice for my specific needs. Considered the cheaper Boston Acoustics Tvee, but was concerned about the remote control and muddled dialog complaints.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrope /forum/post/17302008

I bought the Polk Surroundbar SDA a couple of days ago. Set up in a corner of my bedroom and it sounds great. I have a Bluetooth keyboard about thirty feet away and have no interference/problems. There are four channel selects on the soundbar and sub, just in case there is a problem, but I didn't need to switch them. Would have liked to check out a Zvox, but I think the Polk was a better choice for my specific needs. Considered the cheaper Boston Acoustics Tvee, but was concerned about the remote control and muddled dialog complaints.

Do you have WiFi in the house that could potentially suffer from interference?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm considering this sound bar as well, but I am worried about the interference issues with a Wifi network. Has anyone with Wifi network setup purchased this unit? I read on Amazon of the interference issues with a Wifi network and am debating whether it's worth rolling the dice....

I appreciate any feedback you can provide. Thanks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwnj /forum/post/18433278

I'm considering this sound bar as well, but I am worried about the interference issues with a Wifi network. Has anyone with Wifi network setup purchased this unit? I read on Amazon of the interference issues with a Wifi network and am debating whether it's worth rolling the dice....

I appreciate any feedback you can provide. Thanks

Hi!

I bought this unit and am using it amidst a wifi network. There have been absolutely no interference either way. I'm constantly amazed by the balanced sound and, in an apartment, the sub sounds awesome. By that I mean, the sub may not be adequate for a large living room in a house. But for an apartment it'll do just fine.

I cannot explain the interference issues others may have experienced but I sure have not had any.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just picked up this soundbar this weekend. I'm not a audio expert, but for my simple tastes, the sound is really good. I'm really enjoying the quality. Of course my comparison is to the crappy tv speakers, so, I feel like this soundbar is just incredible.

Most importantly, I have not run into any interference issues with my Wifi network.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.