AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking out the Polk TL bookshelf series. The models are very similar with the exception of different tweeters and in the latter models, a larger mid-woofer. They seem to be price-protected with little or no discounts at TL1 $79/ea, TL2 $99/ea and the TL3 $149/ea. The packages provide a little savings but not much. Is the TL3 with its 1/2" larger woofer and ring radiator tweeter that much better? Anyone have prefferences.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I find the Ability to use a lower crossover point creates a better sound. Which is what the TL3 does. Add the ring tweeter which they took from the LSi-series is a cool feature though don't know if its worth it. I always perfer the larger driver

I personally prefered my Polk RM6750 5.1 over the Polk TL1600 when the TL1600 came onto the market. The TL1600 has better looks but I buy speakers for sound not looks

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also prefer the larger mid drivers. I sometimes think 3" and 4" drivers are still too small. I think the TL1600 is just the TL1 sats in a 6.0 setup. I'm intrigue by the looks as well. Excellent WAF. Just haven't been able to hear any of them, so thought I'd ask here.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjfalls  /t/1521096/polk-tl-series-tl1-tl2-tl3-are-the-tl3s-that-much-better-than-the-tl1s#post_24447525

I also prefer the larger mid drivers. I sometimes think 3" and 4" drivers are still too small. I think the TL1600 is just the TL1 sats in a 6.0 setup. I'm intrigue by the looks as well. Excellent WAF. Just haven't been able to hear any of them, so thought I'd ask here.
They are alot better than the Old Polk RM705 set which came after my RM6750's and sound equal to the RM6750 IMHO. I wish I didn't sell my RM6750's but I just wasn't using them. They work great in my buddy's small apartment I just wish I had them for my bedroom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts