AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which you guys think would be better. Im am looking at the bookshelf speakers in both the series. It seems like with the polks I can the speakers that have 2 woofers per unit for the same price as the Energy's 1 woofer per unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I definitely go with the Polk Audio TSi200,these speakers sound great!...the sound image is good,the sound field is awesome for 2ch over CD input,the sound really surrounds you..voice's are life-like,piano sounds crisp as it should be.i don't think they're fully broken in yet either,i've only watched these movies so far,Close in encounters with the third kind,sin city,kill bill 1-2,300,Half of the series of "Band of the Brothers"& about 4 hours of music,so they should be sounding better ahead right?

·
Registered
799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ71985 /forum/post/18180887

Just wondering which you guys think would be better. Im am looking at the bookshelf speakers in both the series. It seems like with the polks I can the speakers that have 2 woofers per unit for the same price as the Energy's 1 woofer per unit.

The amount of drivers or woofers don't make for a beter or worse sounding speaker. Actually both models you are looking at sound similar to each other. Both offer clear robust sound. Easy to drive as you have a wide range of receivers you can power them with.

In my opinion I say pick em , can't really go wrong either way. Personally I prefer the polks.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Don't rule out the Energy RC-10's which are superb for music, very warm and neutral.

·
Registered
29,191 Posts
Which Energy Connoisseur speakers are you speaking of? CB-10? CB-20? RC-10?

The Energy RC definitely sounds different than the new CB series.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I ordered a pair of Monitor 40s a few weeks ago. I am really enjoying them now. They seem to becomming fuller or richer as time passes. I still have a pair of Infinity SL20s I bought new in 1993 that, to my ear, were pretty darn good. Comparing the two, they were nearly identical when I got the M40s. Now, the difference is widening in favor of the M40s. On a side note, I just ordered another pair of M40s for surround duty! A CS1 is to follow.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18184234

Which Energy Connoisseur speakers are you speaking of? CB-10? CB-20? RC-10?

The Energy RC definitely sounds different than the new CB series.

It would be the C series not the RC series. Unfortunately I cant afford the RC series setup. The C series and the Polk TSI speakers are both in my price range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts