AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am pretty sure I have narrowed down my choices to 2 sets of speakers. Money is tight and I just want to get a dang speaker set already. I have been researching constantly for the past 3 weeks and am ready to make my choice. Here are the 2 choices!

Jamo s413
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search

Polk rm6750
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3136390&SID=

I have heard the polks personally and I did like the speakers. I am really leaning toward the jamos though becasue they are 40 dollars cheaper and they seem better built to me? The polks just looks really cheap to me but I kn ow they sound pretty good. How well do these jamos compare to the polks? Any advicr is greatly appreciated guys!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampete /forum/post/18275893

I am really leaning toward the jamos though becasue they are 40 dollars cheaper and they seem better built to me?

Just enough left over for speaker wire!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm a polk fan, but I think you should go with the jamos.. they have a slightly bigger woofer and the sub digs down a little deeper than the Polk's sub. and for 40 bucks less its even better.

·
Registered
985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampete /forum/post/18275893

Ok I am pretty sure I have narrowed down my choices to 2 sets of speakers. Money is tight and I just want to get a dang speaker set already. I have been researching constantly for the past 3 weeks and am ready to make my choice. Here are the 2 choices!

Jamo s413
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search

Polk rm6750
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3136390&SID=

I have heard the polks personally and I did like the speakers. I am really leaning toward the jamos though becasue they are 40 dollars cheaper and they seem better built to me? The polks just looks really cheap to me but I kn ow they sound pretty good. How well do these jamos compare to the polks? Any advicr is greatly appreciated guys!

Is it possible for you to audition the Jamo speakers? If so, do try to audition them, first.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I will not be able to test the jamos. The only store i know that has them is in montana so no go with that.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Those Jamos are a steal.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Go with what you like. I personally owned the Polk RM6750's and I love it. I sound tested it against everything up to $500 and under. Unfortunately no Jamo's were available. And I want which sounded best to me and I couldn't be happier

Yes I do think that there might be something I never heard that might sound better out there but there is no real use of second guessing something I already like. Let hope you don't take a risk with something unheard and aren't happy with it.

Polks may look cheaply made but the truth is they aren't

The Sensity of the Polks is higher than the Jamo's; 89db vs 86db; Beefier subwoofer than the Jamo judging by the wieght

If you are on a budget just got with the Jamo's they seem to be a great deal

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey all. I just got back from Frys and listened to those Polks. To be honest they sounded really nice. Better than the rm705s that they have there. I was wrong that they are cheaply built. After hlding them they are actually pretty heavier and seem to be built nice. The only thing I didnt like was the subwoofer. I could not get the sub to sound good. It didnt look like too much money was spent on the sub either. As far as the speakers though they sounded great. Very impressed.

I wonder how the jamos compare to the polks in sound. I imagine they would sound pretty similar. To me I am thinking that the sub is better on the jamo set? Just from what people sai don this forum it looks like a good sub. Also the jamos have bigger drivers and in a wood inclosure so I am really leaning toward the jamos. Damn just wish I knew how they sounded compared to those polks because I am pretty sure i would be happy witht he ppolks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey afro,

That price of 199 is really tempting me. that is what is leaning me towards the jamos. What do you know about them. Help convince me to get those jamos some more

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
They have bigger drivers than the Polks so the satelites will have better mid-range. Their subwoofer has a more powerful amp if they didn't overstate their numbers

Besides that just by looking at the spec's not much can be said thats positive

·
Registered
29,186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampete /forum/post/18282836

Hey afro,

That price of 199 is really tempting me. that is what is leaning me towards the jamos. What do you know about them. Help convince me to get those jamos some more

I know nothing about that particular set of speakers. My Jamo towers are great if that means anything. I know the Polk 6750 sub is weak so I'd get the Jamo s413 setup just for that reason.

You're only spending $200 for a 5.1 setup so you really can't complain about anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampete /forum/post/18282836

Hey afro,

I have a 58 pound box that just arrived sitting in my basement waiting to be hooked up.
(I just bought the Jamo S413 package). I'm hoping that I won't be disappointed. I won't be hooking them up until this weekend since I won't have time until then to start fishing speaker cables. They will be driven by my Onkyo 607. For the price and specs, they looked like they couldn't be beat.

dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts