AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try my first poll. Please vote on whether you paid more or less than $1000 for your Denon 3803 only if you purchased through an authorized channel.

Edit:...Do not include shipping or taxes in your total. Use only the base price you paid.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. Since the discussion originated by seeing how many people received a significant deal (more than 10% off), I would lean towards voting under, but obviously that could give the wrong impression.

I would therefore ask that you NOT vote, because I can't change the poll wording. I thank you for doing as you did; saying you paid $1000 even. That will make the point anyway.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I paid $1,000 even. The store where I bought it from was selling it for between $1,200 and $1,300 - can't remember exact price now. I told them if you give it to me for $1,000, I'll walk out of here right now with it in my hands. The salesman went and calculated and came back and said, that's reasonable, just barely reasonable, but reasonable. He was probably giving me a little bit of line considering how low I've seen them priced on the internet, but I paid the price I wanted, so I was happy.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
$920 from local authorized dealer. Excellent price if you ask me. Of course, it's not the only thing I've bought from that dealer. :p

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Don't know exactly as I got over $2000 off on a combination of my HDTV and the 3803 -- if I allocate that by percent of the two list prices I probably got nearly $500 off on the Denon -- more likely they had more wiggle room in the TV so I would imagine that I paid about $950 for the 3803. (BTW-I have been buying from this same authorized dealer for nearly 20 years and I never pay anywhere close to List on anything).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Paid $900 at an authorized dealer in NYC. There was another authorized dealer offering same price, but this dealer also sold me a pair of paradigm ADP 170 for $300.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I convinced a local, Authorized, B&M store to match an internet price. I walked out with the 3803 for $990 including tax. Sometimes all you have to do is ask for a better price. BTW, this Denon rocks.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.