AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some good responses from my last post asking about Samsung DLP fan noise. So, I thought I would do a poll and check out the responses. Please feel free to post !

I hear the fan noise at low volumes. I know it is the fan noise, as it continues for 20 seconds or so after TV is turned off.

Just wanted to see how common this noise is with all the DLP set owners out there....

Thanks

Jeff

· Registered
1,093 Posts
I voted that I could hear the fan at all times on my HLN617W. That's maybe a bit of a stretch as I could still usually make it out at medium volumes but it would be drowned out by cranking the sound to where it should be to appropriately enjoy a movie. :D All that said, the fan (and color wheel) sound had nothing to do with why I ended up returning my set. :p

· Registered
290 Posts
My fan seems to be getting worse. I have had the Sammy since last Dec. The high pitch whine seems to be worse than before. I am thinking about a service call.

My wife doesn't seem to notice it, but it is starting to get to me.

· Registered
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jollyrodger
I have a Replay PVR. The fan is so loud in that I can't hear the dog barking.

Compared to that, my DLP is a mouse.

You may have a service issue. I can hear the fan if the TV is on mute, but aside from that it isn't even noticable and I'm only about 10 feet from the screen. This is with the HLN617W.

sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.