AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Toshiba 65H80 for about 10 days now and I find myself changing the contrast a lot. I usually watch it at night with the contrast set from 45 to 55, sometimes 65 for the day time; I try to keep it in the 40's when watching black bars. Sometimes, like with inside shots, the picture seems a little dim. I have not had the set ISF calibrated or used the VE or AVI yet. Would this correct the dimness.

What HD RPTV do you have?

What contrast do you watch it at?

Do you change the contrast depending on when you watch (ie day or night), or what you watch (eg black bars)?

Thank you

-Tim

------------------

Remember to write letters to channels that have HDTV thanking them, and to channels that should have HDTV requesting it. For example, ESPN, Fox Sports Net, Discovery channel and the NASA channel.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I have the Mits. 65857

I normally keep both my brightness and contrast sliders around 35% for all viewing.

If it is very bright for daytime viewing (normally don't watch daytime TV though)....then I'll put it on "IRIS" mode where the TV will automatically adjust those settings according to light level in the room (it usually will boost the levels ~50-60% if it is daytime)

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have the contrast on my Hitachi 43FDX01B set at 25% (brightness at 55%). These settings were arrived at by using the Video Essentials DVD.

Roger in DTW

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used AVIA and it helped a lot, but not really for contrast. It said to set the contrast below where the line bends and below where the top (the lightest colored) square blooms. But the line never bends and the top square may barely bloom above 80%. So now what? I would prefer to keep it at around 50% but I do not want to damage the TV or give it an early death.

If anyone here has a contrast suggestion for my Toshiba 65H80 it would be greatly appreciated.

-Tim

------------------

Remember to write letters to channels that have HDTV thanking them, and to channels that should have HDTV requesting it. For example, ESPN, Fox Sports Net, Discovery channel and the NASA channel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.