AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemShock2 /forum/post/15538863

AVSForum poll. Go here if you wanna vote

Your poll will be skewed because it resides in the LCD forum. Pioneer and Panasonic will get less votes there for sure.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Panasonic across the board for me....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/15539926

Your poll will be skewed because it resides in the LCD forum. Pioneer and Panasonic will get less votes there for sure.

Actually, as of this writing, Pioneer is leading the poll.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by James W. Johnson /forum/post/15540204

Polaroid

LOL!

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemShock2 /forum/post/15540258

Actually, as of this writing, Pioneer is leading the poll.

But as of this writing, Pioneer is in 3rd place, with Panasonic way behind in 4th. Samsung and Sony are way ahead and tied for 1st place.

I never thought i'd see the day that the scandal-racked, patent stealing, lawsuit-losing, environmentally irresponsible, criminally investigated corrupt evil empire Samsung company would be leading an AVS Favorite TV company list.

And Sony just plain sucks!! Lots of misguided souls in that poll

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Could it be Samsung is winning because they make great products and most no longer blindly purchase based upon some biased Consumer Reports article?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
As it should really, I have been a member here for almost 18 months and have yet to see one post about B&O except for in these types of threads saying they are discluded.

Might be an 'amazing' product, but even my high end dealer doesn't carry them....never seen one.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
My first vote would go to Quasar. Bought one in 1971, still working in 2008 (but fading).

Second vote would go to Toshiba. Bought a 55" SD RPTV in 1996. Mom still loves it. Bought an HD RPTV in 2001 -- I'm looking at it right now. Looks good (but could use a cleaning).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Zenith.

I don't know if it was the simulated woodgrain sides or the fact that I could throw an aluminum baseball bat at the glass and it would bounce right off.

·
Registered
535 Posts
RCA....if they are still around.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeypunch42 /forum/post/15549053

Zenith.

I don't know if it was the simulated woodgrain sides or the fact that I could throw an aluminum baseball bat at the glass and it would bounce right off.

I have to admit I pissed my pants reading this one....LMAO!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/15548539

But as of this writing, Pioneer is in 3rd place, with Panasonic way behind in 4th. Samsung and Sony are way ahead and tied for 1st place.

I never thought i'd see the day that the scandal-racked, patent stealing, lawsuit-losing, environmentally irresponsible, criminally investigated corrupt evil empire Samsung company would be leading an AVS Favorite TV company list.

I think your next purchase has to be a Samsung dude... LOL!

·
Registered
620 Posts
i own panasonic and pioneer plasma tv's. for me hdtv begins and ends with these two manufacturers.

oh and to the op - "remember the citadel...." sorry had to reference ss2

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:

Haha. Ya know Randy, I suspect you probably said the same thing about Microsoft 15/20 years ago. Now you probably own several Windows machines.

It's ok buddy, we got plenty of room for ya because I know in time you'll be owing a few Sammies

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:

Basically, it's a three-way tie for 1st, with Pioneer, Samsung, and Sony swapping the lead.

Currently it's 43 votes for Sony, 42 for Samsung, and 41 for Pioneer.

And while Panny might be in fourth, they're still beating the pants off a half-dozen other TV makers, most of whom are primarily LCD makes.

So, waah.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts