Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by emaij
Yes, it is a 5504. And I understand that I am out of luck. Why has Replay done this?
It might have something to do with the fact that Hollywood & the networks sued SonicBlue to bankruptcy because IVS allows people to steal premium programming. (If registered, take note of the number of HBO show requests there are.)

Had SonicBlue not been sued to bankruptcy, there likely wouldn't be a 5504 yet, which is a DNNA model.

·
Registered
790 Posts
ebay, Radio Shack, Best Buy (in rare cases)

Most Radio Shacks were cleaned out during the service/price snafu. DNNA didn't specifically address how it would handle the 5XXX units, so a number of them were returned.

I'm not sure whether the 45XX IVS is working.

I know that DNNA gave up on SBLU's 45XX - 5XXX interoperability update and instituted a trade-in program so people could consolidate to all of one generation or the other.

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sixt7gt350
I'm not sure whether the 45XX IVS is working.

I know that DNNA gave up on SBLU's 45XX - 5XXX interoperability update and instituted a trade-in program so people could consolidate to all of one generation or the other.
4xxx IVS is working fine. But you can only transfer to other 4xxx series replays.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.