AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of ordering an OTA tuner for my panasonic 300u projector and live in Morgantown WV. For experimentation I bought a radio shack UHF U 75R antenna. Since there are not stations in Morgantown pittsburgh seems to be the closest market. Aiming it north I tried connecting the antenna to a small 20" tv set and was able to receive analog fox 53 and UPN 22 but the picture was pretty snowy. I currently have the antenna on the porch and may be able to mount it on the roof if the landlord lets me. Having such poor reception on analog UHF do I have a chance receiving any digital stations? Would a signal amp on the antenna help?

thanks

Brian

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
brianwvu

Yes and no there are many variables and being able to pick up the analog channels is not really a good pre-cursor.

In my experience I have been able to pick up on the digital version of a channel and not the analog version, and I have also seen the opposite you will really have to try it and see what youre able to pickup.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
You might be able to. Some of my analog UHF channels are really bad, but the digital station come in just fine, even with an indoor antenna. It will also depend on whether the digital stations are at full power or not (many are not).

There's a thread around here called "SoCal Orange county first results" that has a lot of good information about longer distance reception as well as antenna setups in it. It's worth looking at.

Basically, you won't know until you try, but it sounds like you have a shot anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.