AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to try something out. I hooked up the G5 to my Toshiba 57HX83 through DVI and it worked flawlessly. Even in the monitor preferences Toshiba TV shows up. And the resolution was at 1920 x 1080. Sweet. To bad I have a RPTV and not a DLP because the text is a little blurred. I guess I have to tweak the convergence. Another neat thing in the monitor preferences there's an over scan button, which removes any over scan, so that the desktop fits on the TV screen.

The sad thing is that my colours seemed overly saturated and dark. I tried a few other colour profiles and they didn't really do anything. Also DVD playback was very dark.

I have the 256mb 9650 card in there and yes I know it's a low end card but should the colours be that saturated and dark. I was hoping the image would look a little better. Anyhow. Would buying higher end card improve the image being displayed on the TV.

One more note, I tried both ports on the video card and the tv has a DVI in. I attached a pic but you really can't tell how saturated the icons are at the bottom of the screen.

thanks,

mk

http://www.members.shaw.ca/markkruk/tv/OSXon57X83.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.