AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There’s no better value and no one as willing to make bespoke speakers out there than Fritz and these forums treat his speakers as if they cost $200K.
They don’t. They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them.
Look, you buy what you want to buy, but I think not enough credit is given to the man or his speakers in terms of the overall value proposition and I think this is a disservice overall. If you write a 5 page review, please keep this very much in mind that you are not reviewing Wilson or Focal's flagships. Maybe he doesn't deserve quite the same scrutiny.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
duplicate post

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
There’s no better value and no one as willing to make bespoke speakers out there than Fritz and these forums treat his speakers as if they cost $200K.
They don’t. They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them.
Look, you buy what you want to buy, but I think not enough credit is given to the man or his speakers in terms of the overall value proposition and I think this is a disservice overall. If you write a 5 page review, please keep this very much in mind that you are not reviewing Wilson or Focal's flagships. Maybe he doesn't deserve quite the same scrutiny.
that's an interesting thought.. i have heard about Fritz speakers (positive feedback).. i'm not aware that anyone here ever said anything negative , frankly , i can't recall them being talked about
in more than a passing comment... any info on speakers and price ranges that are generally offered?.. i seem to recall they are an LA based outfit?

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
If you were a disinterested party how would you know so specifically what customers are putting a private company through? Never heard of them and have never heard them mentioned on AVS.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
If you were a disinterested party how would you know so specifically what customers are putting a private company through? Never heard of them and have never heard them mentioned on AVS.
i tend to think this was a troll rant...time will tell

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I wonder about the poster. "Bespoke" is from the Queen's English. An American might have posted "custom".

·
Premium Member
10,897 Posts
There’s no better value ... than Fritz ...
That's a dubious statement.

... They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them. ...
If Fritz isn't happy with customers taking advantage of services he offers, he should stop offering those services.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Maybe he means Bill Fitzmaurice? He used to post here and some DIY designs that were very inexpensive.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
There really is a fritz audio... Based in California as i recall ...supposedly good speakers.. I've actually had an offer from a seller to sell me a pair...

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've known about Fritz Heiler for a long time. I heard a pair of his speakers at a show once and enjoyed them. Everything I've read about him on audio forums is positive. He specializes in two-way stand mounted speakers with high end drivers in conventional boxes with high quality wood finishes. Basically, he makes the kind of speakers that were my end goal and aspiration when I was (briefly) into DIY, before life overcame that hobby. And they are very reasonably priced considering the parts cost and finish quality. He's like Jim Salk, but just not known as well in this forum.

Reactions: Lp85253

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
1,083 Posts

And???

Reactions: Lp85253

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Reactions: Deaf-Forever

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Well he made us look, which was probably the point. Good drivers and series crossovers to differentiate from the crowd--looks interesting.
The guy i talked to about them (local guy ) said they were some decent speakers.. He had a pair he was selling for about $1000 as i recall... I passed ,but this guy had some other decent gear (snell j series,infinity kappa) and said these were pretty well top of his list...

Reactions: Vergiliusm

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts