Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A question about HDTV quality. I have a Sony 60we610 LCD RP set with a SA3250HD cable box to component inputs and my HD is not what I expected.

Just picked up the HD converter last night and was disappointed with ABC and NBC, a very blurry pic. PBS was great on one show then just ok on the next. The HBO is also on the blurry side, but Cinemax and Starz seemed to be about DVD quality.

Am I expecting to much or do I have an issue with hardware?

I live in NH, service is with Adelphia. Also no CBS HD offered..figures :(.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
I'd try to sort out what was likely true HD, such as that PBS show, and what might have followed on PBS as a widescreen-only show: http://www.hdtvgalaxy.com/broad.html

Also, I'd try a S-video or video-out hookup--at least temporarily--for all the known non-H/DTV programming (not on your H/DTV channels). If you caught one good example of PBS's ultracrisp 1080i HD that implies your hookup is okay. Keep in mind that videotaped HD usually appears crisper and closer to live coverage than programs filmed/taped at 24 frames per second. At the hdtvgalaxy or similar sites check which programs are listed as 1080i or 720p and which ones are upconverted HD, which appear fuzzier than true HD. Suggest you also visit the local-HD forum here and see if there's a thread for your area and what others are saying about Adelphia HD service. -- John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.