AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

About a month ago, my X9 (under warranty) began making a very loud buzzing/whirring noise that is audible over loud movies and shows. I tried to fill out the RMA request on InFocus's website, but it would just go to an error page each time. I then called their support line.

The guy apologized for the broken website, and processed my request. He said they don't have the parts yet to repair the X9 and that it would just be exchanged. The problem is, however, that they don't have the X9 in stock and it would take over a month to get it back. That seems kind of ridiculous considering this is my primary movie/TV screen.

He e-mails me the PDF required for shipping. It has a link to the info on how to ship it in. I click the link, and the link goes to ANOTHER broken page.

I now have to call for my third time over the course of several days just to wait 5 weeks and MAYBE get a projector (he said it might be even longer).

That's some pretty terrible customer service if you ask me. I'm considering buying another projector and selling my X9 on eBay. I use InFocus projectors for my work stuff as well (I just ordered 2 a few weeks ago), but this is pretty bad customer service.

Any ideas on how to get this pushed through faster? Any ideas on where I might be able to get this repaired in a timely manner?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Sorry to say, you're stuck. Since Infocus made the X9, they are the ONLY source for parts or replacement. And since neither replacement parts or a replacement projector are available yet, then you either wait for their supply chain to get in gear or you sell your X9 and buy something else. There is no one else anywhere who will be able to do it any faster or under warranty, for that matter. And I checked my parts supplier, they don't even list parts for that model yet. Any parts they offer come from the original manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
One option, if you're interested, may be to discuss with Infocus the possibility of trading up to an IN76 or IN78. They may have those in stock for swap outs. They may want to charge you a modest upcharge fee, but maybe not. Infocus in the past has sometimes offered owners higher level models as an option, when parts were not available.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
I have to admit, I have not had poor service from InFocus, just damn expensive is all.

If they don't have the parts or a replacement, they just don't have them. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't come up with a trade up agreement though.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Consider that these are made overseas. So all parts originate there as well. So you have a global supply chain. And I've learned through experience that there is no such thing as a rush when the parts have to come from overseas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts