AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
I own the 4 port IR switch (DL-AB4RF) and use it to switch my two Dish 5000 8VSB outputs. I can try switching SDI to see if it works for that too.

The 2-port version (DL-ABRF) is real crap - I tried that at first and the IR was absolute junk. The 4-port works much better.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Any more news on this front? I have tried the Radio Shack remote-controlled A/B antenna switch, and it does not work. A signal gets through, but it has sparkles. Clearly the bandwidth isn't enough.

I did have luck with the most primitive of switchers, though: the Radio Shack passive A/B/C antenna switch box. I can switch between two DVD players and an RCA DTC-100, but I have to get up to change inputs. :(

Vigatec users can rejoice that they have announced a triple SDI input card. But, with the upcoming Leeza, there will only be a single SDI input, so an external switch will still be needed for more complex systems.

-Dylan

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Hi everybody,I know this is not exactly cheap but the Ocean Matrix OMX9142 can be purchased from Markertek Video Supply for the sum of $405.It is a 4x1 video switcher With I believe 4 BNC inputs and one BNC out with front panel switching.You may also contact Ocean Matrix and see if there OMX 9040 3x1 switcher being sold for $225 would be compatible with SDI 3 BNC inputs and one BNC out.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think that Oceanmatrix switcher will work. SDI is 270Mbit. Since the oceanmatrix is only 46Mhz. I don't think that will cut it.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hiya Fellas!

There must be 300MHz plus switchers available from Inline or Extron. Pricey, for sure, but probably worth the money. I even remember one at Inline given for over 500MHz, if memory serves? :cool:

Cheers,

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Tim,Were you saying 250megabit or 250mhz.I dont believe 250mhz is needed for an SDI output from A DVD player.The OMX-9142 is listed as SDI compatible and as I remember Mark Rejhon has said that 250mhz is not required as SDI is uncompressed and only 720x480 interlased.Are you thinking of HDSDI?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
SDI is (in a D-1 situation) 270 Mbits per second.

THat is the uncompressed bitstream size.

In order to build a broadcast facility you would need products that ae rated for SDI.

To switch two or three sources with 10 foot and under cable runs... most "Pro" video switchers should work just fine. as long as there is not some part of the box limiting frequencies, then it should be fine. An extron "video" switcher is rated as a 30 MHz product, the reality is much higher for allot of reasons not worth getting into here. For the application you need, one of those will work just fine. As in all cases, give it a shot and just confirm the return policy beforehand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.