AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too bad that the first round of the NHL playoffs were not in HD. I would have loved to seen the expressions on the wings fans as the Ducks SWEPT them. Oh to see the agony in all their faces in High Def glory, to see the blood of the unthrown octopus seep through their ratty jerseys in crystal clear pictures.

Congratulations Ducks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awww now Bluepred....... you know that all of those Preda-Wings fans here in Twangtown are going to be crying in their cereal this morning and you have to rub it in. ;)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
Is it Halloween already?
Exactly, they only burn the city on Halloween :) It sucks though that they lost (being a wings fan) but I expected it. They peaked 3 weeks too early on that 19 or 20 game unbeaten streak.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Being a Wings fan has been less painful than being a Tigers or Lions fan lately. Time to watch to Pistons...

·
Registered
373 Posts
As little as this has to do with HD (other than my dream of seeing them in HD this year going away) I'll bite; how did the Predators do this year? How many banners do they have hanging?

Seriously, hats off to the Ducks. They played a very good series and deserved to win more than my beloved Wings. We peaked a little early this year and finished on a 6 game winless skid. It'd be pretty boring if we won it every year!

Randy

·
Registered
120 Posts
As a Blackhawks fan, there's been little to be happy about in the spring time the last SEVERAL years. Seeing the Wings gets swept in the 1st round however makes this spring a little more enjoyable.

:D

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,618 Posts
Quote:
Poor wings fans
Don't worry, we'll be fine. The rest of the league should have it so good.

My comment is very simple. "Goodbye Curtis"

·
Registered
372 Posts
 http://home.istar.ca/~geoffm/infominister1.jpg

Popped up on Fark :)

And I hate to see them go, but I think Yzerman and Larionov are going to retire. I may hate the Wings, but don't think for one second think I don't respect them.

Ken, you're stuck with Joesieve. It was a bad move by Holland, just hope they give Manny the reins sooner than later or can deal Cujo for something.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Randy

Granted the preds have not fared well.....Yet, however during the 57 games in the middle of the season when we were injury free we were the 11th best team in the league.

Once they get good I think they will stay that way.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bluepred
Randy

Granted the preds have not fared well.....Yet, however during the 57 games in the middle of the season when we were injury free we were the 11th best team in the league.

Once they get good I think they will stay that way.
I was just joking. It's tough for expansion teams. The Preds have given the Wings trouble. I never look at games against them as a cake walk. Certain teams just have other teams numbers. Look how often the Ducks have taken us to OT in the playoffs. And then we never have any serious trouble with St Louis who is usually a much better team. The Ducks are a very talented team. Now we'll see if they are as good as we made them look or if we just peaked early like it seems. Looks like they'll get Dallas or St Louis. Beats getting Colorado I think! It's all just a game anyway. The greatest game on earth!

Randy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Easy guys, just following the pattern. Remember the 1st round exit vs LA not too long ago? Wait till next year!

I wanted to jump through the screen and strangle Mathieu Dandenault when he let up on that goal when he thought he drew a penalty. Wait for the whistle Mathieu!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Geez, I'm a big sports fan, but somehow I ended up in this thread looking for news on Denny Laine.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Face it guys. The Wings are just smarter than the rest of the players in the playoffs. It's true. They want to watch the playoffs in HD too :D Besides, "we already got one!"

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's really too bad the Wings won't be defending their title. I'm not a Wings fan but I do feel bad for the people in Detroit because I know how passionate they are about their Hockey. It's like Colorado, they have die hard fans and they are dedicated Hockey Fans...Go Leafs Go

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not to take anything away from the Ducks, who played a fine series, but the fates seemed to conspire against us this year: not beating the Blackhawks in the final game of the season, running into a hot goalie, having every bounce of the puck seem to go against us. Yeah, Cujo let in a bunch of soft goals, bit the Wings should still be able to beat Anaheim. Especially painful was the fact that on the same night of the loss, Belfour, the guy Wings should have signed instead of Cujo, stopped 72 shots, though in a losing cause.

Wings fans can take solace in the fact that even with the likely retirement of Yzerman and Larionov and the potential loss of Federov, the Wings will be fine. Datsuyk and Zetterberg are going to be stars for years to come.

I'll tell you though, I was really looking forward to another Wings-Avalanche series.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Quote:
It's like Colorado, they have die hard fans and they are dedicated Hockey Fans...
There is a lot of truth to that... however, a lot of the enthusiasm is a carryover from the support of the NFL team here. The fans here in Colorado are overall just getting to be knowledgable hockey fans. The Colorado Rockies NHL team was here for a limited time before becoming the Devils. The Rangers had their minor league affiliate here and had very low attendance at the Coliseum until the Nordiques moved here in 1995

I have found myself sometimes explaining to new Colorado hockey fans what color the blue line is.

Don

P.S. to Randy98mtu:

Reflecting the motherland of the U.P. and all yoopers/da Tech grads out there, I mourn the loss of the glory days of Michigan Tech hockey a lot more than the loss by the Red Wings.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.