Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 Poorly done CNET Article on FPTV

Guess I need to get my grayhawk cut down from 110" to 84" per cnet's recommendation, so I can avoid the screen door effect. "For high-end, high-resolution projectors, a good rule of thumb would be to use a screen that's no wider than 84 inches" http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif To me their screen door example looks like Single-field interpolation, but what do I know. Lots of other errors to be found. Have fun.

Regards,

Brian

[This message has been edited by btmoore (edited 06-26-2001).]

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just to ease my mind since I am still in "research mode"...

I was looking to have a screen between 100" and 110" with a DLP projector ($5000 - $8000 range). I also would run it through a HTPC. I would be able to produce a very clear nice picture right? Just making sure that the story was not accurate. I still need to find a place where I can view some setups to get an idea of the different projectors, etc.

Thanks...

Jeff

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a 10ht with a 110" grayhawk and the picture is fantastic. That picture posted in the article is compleat BS. Take a look at some of the screen shots posted on this forum for comparison.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
502 Posts
Greetings,

Read the article again. He says, "The largest size screen I would recommend for either of these devices would be an 84-inch wide 16:9 aspect ratio. For other 4:3 LCD and DLP projectors stick with an 84-inch diagonal screen for the best results."

The last two devises he talks about before making this size suggestion are the two Runcos. Then he says for OTHER 4:3 and DLP projectors (meaning non-16:9), stick with 84". I don't see any reference to the 16:9 Sony being limited to 84".

Dom

·
Registered
94 Posts
That article is really doing a disservice to the general public and to people even remotely interested in front projection displays. He should have at least left a link to this forum for more information. I don't even own one yet and I know a lot of that is wrong. What about d-ila for gods sakes?

------------------

Stop Dfast DVI, and all that ****

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.