AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this thing, and I have to say I'm very disappointed due to one simple thing I can't get to work: When playing a video, when that video finishes, it does NOT go on to the next video in the folder. This is stupid and IMO, makes the unit almost worthless. Is there something I'm missing, or is this just not possible?

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I guess its good for some people. I never understood why people have such a hard time pushing play again. I've never wanted to play all the movies in my movies folder straight through.

I guess if you had a bunch of clips.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I'd never want this thing to start playing the next movie for me. My PC doesn't do it, why should this thing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the idea there. Unfortunately, some of the folders have a great deal of files, and would end up inconveniently huge. Might work for some of the smaller ones though, at the cost of easily being able to start at any clip but the first. I've been trying to work around it with different serving software, but no luck so far. Thanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghouck /forum/post/16926230

I just got this thing, and I have to say I'm very disappointed due to one simple thing I can't get to work: When playing a video, when that video finishes, it does NOT go on to the next video in the folder. This is stupid and IMO, makes the unit almost worthless. Is there something I'm missing, or is this just not possible?

Have you tried to press "Play" in the first file instead of "ok"?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrsa /forum/post/16927030

Have you tryed to press "Play" in the first file instead of "ok"?

I had not tried that. Thank you, that works perfectly, as you probably knew. I was hoping there was something I was missing. Bummer the forum does not have a karma system, else you're be getting some positive. Thanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghouck /forum/post/16927116

I had not tried that. Thank you, that works perfectly, as you probably knew. I was hoping there was something I was missing. Bummer the forum does not have a karma system, else you're be getting some positive. Thanks.

I dont have a popcorn... i have a WDTV... but i had the same problem... hitting ok instead play!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts