AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a windows 7 Pc Reconize the A 300? I have a Netgear eva1950 and since i Purchased the new windows 7 pc. i can't get it to work on my network. I was wondering does anyone have windows 7 with the A- 300 . Thanks

·
Registered
22,303 Posts
Go to control panel, network, view network computers and devices. After a bit it should show up there. Double-click the A300 and it should show you any connected HDDs. Right click on one and select "map network drive".

If it doesn't show up you have something turned off somewhere.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro  /t/1420719/popcorn-hour-a-300#post_22228718

Is it really better than A210?

I don't think it is better. I would say if you own a A200 / 210, I wouldn't upgrade. If you don't have a A200/210 then you don't really have a choice but to buy a A300. Unless you buy a used A200/210.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I went through hell and high water to get it working. It will take a while but it will eventually show up. Popcorn hour blames windows but I've never ever had a problem seeing any of my PCs on my network. Popcorn hour= plug and troubleshoot.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
I don't understand why the heck PCH play apple game and ask for $100 more for some thing that might be barely differebt

·
Banned
930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro  /t/1420719/popcorn-hour-a-300#post_22234852

I don't understand why the heck PCH play apple game and ask for $100 more for some thing that might be barely differebt

Can I get a translator here?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Wow so after hell and high water to get it to show up now it can't see any shares at all. Won't even connect to my network anymore...telling me that my share no longer exist even though I've changed nothing! What a POS! Seriously I'm never buying another of their products again. First one went out within a year and I had to send it back under warranty. Then a year later it breaks. Now this one hasn't lasted 24 days without problems and major headaches. Good thing I purchased a Squaretrade warranty this time. I should have bought a freaking Dune!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Win7 pc. Got it working. Left the Popcorn unplugged for 10 minutes and plugged it back in. Geez I heard this thing was buggy but this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
glad you got it working if an unplug fixed it sounds like a master browser issue that cleared itself up. setting up shares is the hardest part outside of 3rd party jukeboxes

·
Registered
10,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite  /t/1420719/popcorn-hour-a-300#post_22234913

lol i think he is complaining the c-300 is a 100$ more then A300.

sorry guys, my bad. What I meant was if PCH has not changed much between 210 and A300, why they are asking for $100 more on their website? that reminds me of apple, they change one small dinky winky thing, call it a new generation and ask, full price over the predecessor:(

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro  /t/1420719/popcorn-hour-a-300#post_22255541

sorry guys, my bad. What I meant was if PCH has not changed much between 210 and A300, why they are asking for $100 more on their website? that reminds me of apple, they change one small dinky winky thing, call it a new generation and ask, full price over the predecessor:(

I dont think they have much say in the price point they went with the latest and greatest sigma chip at the time which im sure was full price When the A210 retailed it was around same price as A300. Even if on the outside we dont see much changes jumping to a newer SoC cost money and sigma only keeps old chips in production for so long so you have to move to newer eventually

·
Registered
10,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite  /t/1420719/popcorn-hour-a-300#post_22255561

I dont think they have much say in the price point they went with the latest and greatest sigma chip at the time which im sure was full price When the A210 retailed it was around same price as A300. Even if on the outside we dont see much changes jumping to a newer SoC cost money and sigma only keeps old chips in production for so long so you have to move to newer eventually

understood! I still love their products. btw how much faster is a300 response wise as compare to A210 and popbox 8?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
compared to the A210 decent speed increase compared to the v8 not so much. v8 and 300 have a lot of the same cpu components like cache, and things to work with.

·
Banned
930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite  /t/1420719/popcorn-hour-a-300#post_22255695

compared to the A210 decent speed increase compared to the v8 not so much. v8 and 300 have a lot of the same cpu components like cache, and things to work with.
This was not the case with me. the a200 and 300 were so close in operation for me as to not be a factor. I basically only used it to play blu ray iso files and did mot use a juke box...so maybe that had something to do with it...

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover  /t/1420719/popcorn-hour-a-300#post_22255964

This was not the case with me. the a200 and 300 were so close in operation for me as to not be a factor. I basically only used it to play blu ray iso files and did mot use a juke box...so maybe that had something to do with it...

only time you will see the speed increase is a jukebox type system, as it uses the most cpu clocks. The A300 stock browser needs fixed for it strange 22 item cache issue still so it holds it back in speed. if you take a directory of 100 it will take a slight pause every 22 but go trhough the list once and it flys through so hopefully the tune that better then stock UI people would notice a difference.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts