AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an e-mail from Cloud Media saying that the PCH A-410U is either available in the US through them or will be shortly.

Anyone getting one?

I would have picked up a PCH a while ago but they weren't available so I went with a Mede8er which I really like but I am considering picking one up for my bedroom.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got an e-mail from Cloud Media saying that the PCH A-410U is either available in the US through them or will be shortly.

Anyone getting one?

I would have picked up a PCH a while ago but they weren't available so I went with a Mede8er which I really like but I am considering picking one up for my bedroom.

I have one on the way. Hoping it will play my BluRay and DVD ISOs, but even if its no better than my WDTV at that, the audio side looks very attractive. The WD keeps getting more and more sluggish and non-responsive with each firmware update....

Regards.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

Anyone getting one?

Bedroom unit is bad idea. Remember the a410U version has no options to downmix dolby. Dolby can only bit bitstreamed so if your tv does not support dd then you will not get sound for dd files.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bedroom unit is bad idea. Remember the a410U version has no options to downmix dolby. Dolby can only bit bitstreamed so if your tv does not support dd then you will not get sound for dd files.
Interesting / I didn't know that, so maybe I would replace my Mede8er in my livingroom and connected to my surround sound system.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know how the PCH handles Forced Subs? I am having a heck of a time getting them to work on my Mede8er without having to select the actual Subtitle Track.

Is this an issue with MKV's the players or both?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The band aid "fix" for Mede8er is to turn on subtitles in the player settings and have the forced sub track, if it's not the only subtitle track, be the first subtitle track. If you do this then you will not need to manually select it to turn it on. This doesn't fix the first line skip for PGS subtitles in MKV for the Mede8er. I convert the PGS to SUB/IDX to get around that issue. Maybe PCH has less quirks? :)

·
UHD Addict
37,317 Posts

Anyone getting one?

I've yet to hear from anyone if there is any noticeable difference between the A410 and the A400. I've had a couple of A400's since they launched a couple of years ago. If the A410 is faster because of the extra memory then I would think about picking one up.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I've yet to hear from anyone if there is any noticeable difference between the A410 and the A400. I've had a couple of A400's since they launched a couple of years ago. If the A410 is faster because of the extra memory then I would think about picking one up.
I'm interested in hearing if there's a difference as well.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Interesting / I didn't know that, so maybe I would replace my Mede8er in my livingroom and connected to my surround sound system.
Anyone know how the PCH handles Forced Subs? I am having a heck of a time getting them to work on my Mede8er without having to select the actual Subtitle Track.

Is this an issue with MKV's the players or both?

Ye the difference between the 410u is missing dolby downmix. We always suspected the reason sales stopped in the US was due to issues with dolby now it just confirms it.

Forced subtitles inside mkv work fine with PCH, ISO files can be hit and miss depends how the disc was authed. No patch or work around needed.

·
Registered
358 Posts
This 410u unit looks interesting. I am currently running a Mede8er 1000X3D but I like the presentation and jukebox better on the 410u. Are the PCH and the Mede8er at the same level of reliability, stability, and playback ability?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
This 410u unit looks interesting. I am currently running a Mede8er 1000X3D but I like the presentation and jukebox better on the 410u. Are the PCH and the Mede8er at the same level of reliability, stability, and playback ability?
Playback ability is pretty equal, with slight difference like forced subtitles and dsf support.

Reliability is pretty close

Stability mede8er has a slight edge The I run both a 600x and a pch400 The 400 will sometimes crash coming out of standby and need a reboot

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Playback ability is pretty equal, with slight difference like forced subtitles and dsf support.

Stability mede8er has a slight edge The I run both a 600x and a pch400 The 400 will sometimes crash coming out of standby and need a reboot
What about support? Do they / are there regular updates to their firmware? Do they keep adding additional features like Mede8er?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
A lot of the features the mede8er has added the a400 shipped with. Built in jukebox, download subtitles, youtube, bunch of other apps, also has a plex app. has had apple/android remotes.

·
UHD Addict
37,317 Posts

Really? I guess I don't run into that because I always shut A400's down when finished. I hit the power button and then the delete button to do a full shutdown.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well here are my emails showing some "history" if interested...

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting Cloud Media Sales Team.

Currently, we are unable to ship to the United States of America and its administrative regions due to a change in payment and shipment handling policy.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured we are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

We will inform you when this situation is resolved.

Thank you for your great supports

Thanks.

Regards,
The Cloud Media Sales Team
(formally known as Popcorn Hour)
www.cloudmedia.com

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Cloud Media wrote:

***********************************************************************************

On Nov 6, 2014, at 21:49, Cloud Media Sales wrote:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your great supports on Popcorn Hour.

Here is a survey form to understand for your interest toward our Popcorn Hour A-410.We are in the midst of preparing for the shipment arrangement of Popcorn Hour A-410U (United State Version) to one of our distributor in United States.

Appreciate if you could advice us weather you are still interested to grab one unit for your home theater if this is available in United States.

Kindly reply us with your name and email address so that we may get our distributor to contact you once this is available.

Act now before it is too late.

Thanks.

Regards,
The Cloud Media Sales Team
(formally known as Popcorn Hour)
www.cloudmedia.com

·
UHD Addict
37,317 Posts
Who will be selling it in the US? I purchased my launch A400 from a dealer in the US but I can't remember who that was.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who will be selling it in the US? I purchased my launch A400 from a dealer in the US but I can't remember who that was.
Cloud Media which is where I got my Mede8er which interestingly enough it doesn't look like they sell anymore. I just went to order one of the A-410's and they want $28 for standard shipping. I wonder where they are shipping from.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Thanks! That's it! That is where I got my launch A400! I just sent them a message about the A410U to see if they plan on offering it.
Cool - let us know. They've always been a solid company to order from.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts