AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ordered mine so that it shipped on the 5th and received it today. A day or 2 after I ordered mine, but still a day or 2 before they shipped, they dropped the price by $10 and included a free USB Wireless adapter with all orders. I emailed them and they included the wireless stick in my order. I was going to order a 2nd one for a friend on the 4th but they could not get it shipped to me with the first one so I figured I would just wait to get mine, check it out, and order the 2nd one before the 12th. Unfortunately, even as of yesterday, no more Dec 12th shipping available. I will have to wait for the 19th. Gives me a little time to play with this one first.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Did we find out if any US Distributors are going to sell / carry this new model?

·
UHD Addict
37,317 Posts
I sent a message to DiamondHomeDesign asking if they would be carrying the A410U, but I don't think I heard back from them. Not sure though since I can't remember which email address I used for the reply.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just got my A-410U yesterday shipped direct from Hong Kong. Trying to set it up now.

Two Questions

1) I am setting up the Jukebox database and it appears it is going to take hours since I have 500+ movies, but every time I hit a button to turn off the screensaver it hangs and starts flashing the red light. Has anyone seen this? Do I need to just let it go overnight and not touch it all?

2) Since I am still building the Jukebox database I am not aware of how it works. Every time I add a new movie and folder do I have to manually tell it to scan and add the cover art or when I browse the jukebox will it detect the new folder and automatically download the cover art and synopsis?

·
UHD Addict
37,317 Posts
You should try NMJToolbox2 from the PC instead of dealing with the PCH unit. It makes it much easier to add titles, add specific cover art, actors,, synopsis etc.

http://nmjtoolbox.net/

I just take the database file that the PCH initially created and use NMJtoolbox 2 to add and edit content. Then I keep a copy of the database on each of my A400's. So I can access all the cover art etc from the app on my tablets.

There is a lot of info on the Network Media Tank forums about using NMJToolbox2.

Reactions: ScottFern

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just got my A-410U yesterday shipped direct from Hong Kong. Trying to set it up now.

Two Questions

1) I am setting up the Jukebox database and it appears it is going to take hours since I have 500+ movies, but every time I hit a button to turn off the screensaver it hangs and starts flashing the red light. Has anyone seen this? Do I need to just let it go overnight and not touch it all?

2) Since I am still building the Jukebox database I am not aware of how it works. Every time I add a new movie and folder do I have to manually tell it to scan and add the cover art or when I browse the jukebox will it detect the new folder and automatically download the cover art and synopsis?
Coming out of screensaver mode and interrupting the NMJ process sounds like a bug. When I first set mine up it took a week to do it because I had multiple external shares and mounts. Look into using YAMJ which is an alternative to the jukebox. I like NMJ myself though but the fastest way to navigate is filtered folder view.

·
Registered
323 Posts

Two Questions

It will not auto detect new content, you have to tell it there is new content using an update process. It will rescan your collection but don't worry it's quick, then it will add the few new pieces. I use NMJToolbox on Windows Pc to modify already but jukeboxes.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Did we find out if any US Distributors are going to sell / carry this new model?
I'm not sure it's legal to actually sell in the USA. The component outputs I think are a problem. They're either being dropped altogether on all US made electronics or they're fixing it so you can only get SD video out of them. It's part of the HDCP thing. The analog outputs can be used to bypass the electronic copy protection

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I'm not sure it's legal to actually sell in the USA. The component outputs I think are a problem. They're either being dropped altogether on all US made electronics or they're fixing it so you can only get SD video out of them. It's part of the HDCP thing. The analog outputs can be used to bypass the electronic copy protection
But that contractual requirement is only for licensed Blu ray playback device, of which this device does not have a proper BD license to support menu's/java/havi/etc.... I think that is where the problems lies, not HDCP licensing since HDCP is a digital interconnect and has nothing to do with analog outputs.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I think that is where the problems lies, not HDCP licensing since HDCP is a digital interconnect and has nothing to do with analog outputs.
The way I understood it is that they started with the blu ray players back in 2011 and the planned on extending that to virtually all HD producing devices including cable boxes, HTR's, etc by January 2014

·
Registered
323 Posts
One of the appeals for me using this device is that my collection remains digital and easily accessible regardless of the format (DVD, codecs, BDMV, etc.). The fact it's skips annoying java related crap is a plus for me. There isn't a digital Blu-ray I haven't been able to play because of this license issue, including infamous Disney stuff like guardians of the galaxy, Maleficent, etc.

·
UHD Addict
37,317 Posts
One of the appeals for me using this device is that my collection remains digital and easily accessible regardless of the format (DVD, codecs, BDMV, etc.). The fact it's skips annoying java related crap is a plus for me. There isn't a digital Blu-ray I haven't been able to play because of this license issue, including infamous Disney stuff like guardians of the galaxy, Maleficent, etc.
Sounds like it's just as reliable as the A400's I use.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just got done watching the latest episode of Homeland on my PCH A-410U and I had a noticeable vertical green line going down the screen. I replayed the file on my PC and did not see it there. Starting to wonder if I have a bad unit?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just got done watching the latest episode of Homeland on my PCH A-410U and I had a noticeable vertical green line going down the screen. I replayed the file on my PC and did not see it there. Starting to wonder if I have a bad unit?
Are you using hdmi or composite cables? What's your resolution at? Does your tv exhibit the line with any other source feeds?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Are you using hdmi or composite cables? What's your resolution at? Does your tv exhibit the line with any other source feeds?
HDMI, It is a 1080p VT60 plasma, but the resolution of the video was 1280x720. No, the VT60 does not show the line in any other sources.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
HDMI, It is a 1080p VT60 plasma, but the resolution of the video was 1280x720. No, the VT60 does not show the line in any other sources.

I use an a400 with a vt50. I few suggetions anytime you have green anything is usually an hdmi issue. Either HDMI cable or HDMI handshake.

What are you video settings set at on the a410?

Do you have resolution set to 1080p and frame rate sync set to 24/ntcs?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I use an a400 with a vt50. I few suggetions anytime you have green anything is usually an hdmi issue. Either HDMI cable or HDMI handshake.

What are you video settings set at on the a410?

Do you have resolution set to 1080p and frame rate sync set to 24/ntcs?
Right now my Video Output is set to "Auto" and the Framerate Sync is set to "Off".

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
take it off Auto. Auto is misleading. Auto should be called guessing.

Set your setting to reslution 1080p/60 for highest your tv can handle then set framesync to 24/ntsc and see if it happens anymore

·
UHD Addict
37,317 Posts
Or set it to 1080P24 output with framerate syn on. This is what I have my A400's set for since I use it mostly for BD ISOs/MKVs and they are in 1080P24. And that avoids the resolution framerate change everytime I start a title.. Although if the BD has video content, with framerate sync on along with it set for 1080P24 output, it will switch to 1080P60 output for those BDs.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts