AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
take it off Auto. Auto is misleading. Auto should be called guessing.

Set your setting to reslution 1080p/60 for highest your tv can handle then set framesync to 24/ntsc and see if it happens anymore

It is still there. What I have found is that when I play old Law and Order episodes I don't get the green vertical line, but when I play recent episodes of Fargo, or Homeland I get the green line. What is even weirder is it will come and go and sometimes break up. I am starting to wonder if this is a codec playback issue. Really starting to miss my Mede8er.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Anyone using Plex with the A410? If so, does it pass DTS-HD and TrueHD? Is the GUI quick like on other boxes? Can you boot straight to Plex on start-up?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Anyone using Plex with the A410? If so, does it pass DTS-HD and TrueHD? Is the GUI quick like on other boxes? Can you boot straight to Plex on start-up?
I use it on the A400. Yes it will pass through dts-hd and truehd. The interface is so so speed wise its not great yet not bad just decent enough. They were supposed to bring a new .home package out that let you boot straight into apps but have not yet for the new home screen. The best you can do is make plex the first icon on the home screen so its a single click to go into it.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I use it on the A400. Yes it will pass through dts-hd and truehd. The interface is so so speed wise its not great yet not bad just decent enough. They were supposed to bring a new .home package out that let you boot straight into apps but have not yet for the new home screen. The best you can do is make plex the first icon on the home screen so its a single click to go into it.
Thanks so much for that info!

My quest for the ultimate media box has been a long one but, I've settled on Plex being my main interface across all devices.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Thanks so much for that info!

My quest for the ultimate media box has been a long one but, I've settled on Plex being my main interface across all devices.
There is will one small issue right now. The PCH plex client was not updated yet for managed users that are in the new plex version.

·
Registered
6 Posts
But that contractual requirement is only for licensed Blu ray playback device, of which this device does not have a proper BD license to support menu's/java/havi/etc.... I think that is where the problems lies, not HDCP licensing since HDCP is a digital interconnect and has nothing to do with analog outputs.
Are there any players that DO support this anymore?

I currently have a C-200 that's aging (about to replace my second set of capacitors on the PSU) and in need of a replacement. Having full BD support has apparently spoiled me. While I no longer need the physical disc feature of the C-series, I would very much like to keep the menu support if I can as I have a decent collection of BDRs on the server at this point.

·
UHD Addict
37,241 Posts
Are there any players that DO support this anymore?

I currently have a C-200 that's aging (about to replace my second set of capacitors on the PSU) and in need of a replacement. Having full BD support has apparently spoiled me. While I no longer need the physical disc feature of the C-series, I would very much like to keep the menu support if I can as I have a decent collection of BDRs on the server at this point.
I'm not aware of any new players that support this. Well at least none that are priced below the stratosphere. Since to have a license you also need to support Cinavia. Which would kind of defeat the purpose of these media players.

I also have a C200 i got back in 2009. My original PS lasted five years. I only had to replace it, for the first time, a few months ago. I also have a netgear player that does full BD menus. But at some point I'm sure I will be SOL. I don't use either of these players on a regular basis though. Mainly when I want to watch extra content from a title or a BD ISO that has a bunch of episodes of a TV show.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Halfelite,
Do you use the plex client on your A400 in place of the NMJ or for some other reason. I can't figure out what the Plex app would be used for if I already have the A400 doing the streaming from my PC.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Halfelite,
Do you use the plex client on your A400 in place of the NMJ or for some other reason. I can't figure out what the Plex app would be used for if I already have the A400 doing the streaming from my PC.

Thanks for the advice.
I have multiple streams. My a400 and my V8's and dlna clients, tablets all share the same plex accounts. Its one of the best solutions for multiple player setups

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
There is will one small issue right now. The PCH plex client was not updated yet for managed users that are in the new plex version.
Is this why it doesn't show up as "Now Playing" in Plex Server/Activity?

BTW, I've played with the A-410U for a couple hours now and I can say that I'm impressed. I have not seen one single issue in playback. Picture is great in HD and SD. I love the info in info when playing a movie. Setup was somewhat a breeze. As you stated the Plex app leaves a little to be desired but, totally acceptable. Much, much better than the Roku UI.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

BTW, I've played with the A-410U for a couple hours now and I can say that I'm impressed. I have not seen one single issue in playback. Picture is great in HD and SD. I love the info in info when playing a movie. Setup was somewhat a breeze. As you stated the Plex app leaves a little to be desired but, totally acceptable. Much, much better than the Roku UI.
Somewhat. Its because it does not register as a device with the plex server. I have since picked up the plex app to try to fix some of the problems and issues with it so hopefully I can get some of the features added to it

·
UHD Addict
37,241 Posts

That is the benefit of getting one over two years after the A400 came out. We had to go through some growing pains at the end of 2012 and in early 2013. Initially I had to run my 3D BD ISOs from a local drive to get good playback. But those issues were ironed out a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
That is the benefit of getting one over two years after the A400 came out. We had to go through some growing pains at the end of 2012 and in early 2013. Initially I had to run my 3D BD ISOs from a local drive to get good playback. But those issues were ironed out a long time ago.
I actually bought the A400 when it first came out. Had it about two weeks and packed it back up and sold it (on here I think).

·
Registered
3 Posts
any news or solution for managed users on plex client on A410 please

i have a huge problem with this i removed all users from plex server to be able to play plex on my pocornhour after buying a plexpass for lifetime 149$ now its useless

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi !
I'm interested by your Popcorn hour A-410.

Is it in good working condition ?
Is there some signs of cosmetic wear ?
How many time you own it ?

I live in Canada, I can pay some additionnal cost for the shipping (if any...)

Can you PM me ?

Thank's !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi !
I'm interested by your Popcorn hour A-410.

Is it in good working condition ?
Is there some signs of cosmetic wear ?
How many time you own it ?

I live in Canada, I can pay some additionnal cost for the shipping (if any...)

Can you PM me ?

Thank's !
By the way, I don't have 15 posts, so I can't PM you ... :frown:

61 - 80 of 81 Posts