AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a used cretors Goldrush GR6 6oz popcorn machine.

It was quite dirty but cleaning has gone well so far and I have pretty much taken everything apart.

The kettle was particularly dirty, especially around the handle. The handle had three cap-nuts holding it on, so I unscrewed these and the bolt fell inside the kettle.

I then tried to take the kettle apart by removing the 4 cap-nuts on the bottom and seperating the bowl area from the outer casing but I cannot get them to seperate.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas on what I can do to take the kettle completely apart? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
739 Posts
You should try to contact the manufacturer for a manual or assistance over the phone:

http://www.cretors.com/

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After sitting the kettle upside down in heat n kleen, I was finally able to get the top section to break loose from the bottom section.

Sadly what I found inside was pretty bad... here is a picture. This is probably a good example of what happens when a user cleans the kettle by submerging it in water.

This is actually after I sat it in heat n kleen and started to rub it with steel wool. (The screws etc were also soaking with it which is why they are in there)

Thankfully no real damage besides a little rust and I was able to take it apart and clean it up and rebuild it tonight!

After many hours of cleaning the machine inside out, I should be able to use the popcorn machine for the first time tomorrow night!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts