AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a popcorn machine that I got for Christmas this past year. It hasn't seen much use at all, but I want to start firing it up more. The popcorn I've made in it hasn't been all that great, so I'm looking for brand advice, cooking techniques, etc on how to get good results. I've been using regular Wesson vegetable oil to pop the kernels and I'm not sure what brand of popcorn we're using - I bought a tin from a Cub Scout who was going door to door on a fundraising drive
. I've just been using butter flavored Pam and sea salt as a topping as I've been on a diet. We're having people over this coming weekend and I want to make full-blown heart attack inducing popcorn
. What should I be looking for? Here's a (bad) pic of the machine for reference:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Based on the description of how you make popcorn, I can see why it's not coming out all that well.

Fortunately your problem is easily solved (I linked to a 6oz kettle pack, make sure you get the size appropriate for your popper and enjoy!)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Me, my family, and neighbors can attest that the popcorn in the link he gave you is the way to go...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts