AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is within the rules -if not- please remove.

For anyone who is interested,I just got an ad from BUY.com for a Waring Pro Professional Popcorn Maker - PCM55PCFR - at $44.99 ($129 MSRP) Refurbished. Looks like a nice medium size unit - just right for a home theater.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
There's a 'Sticky' thread on them at the top of this forum. I just got the same email, did a search for the PN and all I found was refurbs. I wonder if it's not sold to the public new since it's a "professional" and when they break down and get refurb'd then they are sold to the general public. But it looks rather small to be a "professional" unit.

I guess they are sold to anyone, because there's a larger "pro" one here new, for only ~$81. http://www.buy.com/prod/waring-pro-w...210751785.html Strange, the images for them looks almost if not identical, but the dimensions of this one are larger.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
sounds too cheap to be true

·
Registered
2,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc /forum/post/20876202

sounds too cheap to be true

Look at the dimensions of both of them, they are small (16 x 11 x 11" and 19.5 x 14 x 14"). They're not the like the 3' or 4' square units you see in the theaters.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
interesting

·
Registered
2,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/20879853

Those units will fit nicely with an easy bake oven set.

You really think so!!??? Maybe I'll get one to go with mine so I'll have a matching set! Ohhh goodie!!

·
Registered
2,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint S. /forum/post/20873935

......I guess they are sold to anyone, because there's a larger "pro" one here new, for only ~$81. http://www.buy.com/prod/waring-pro-w...210751785.html Strange, the images for them looks almost if not identical, but the dimensions of this one are larger.

That's what I get for waiting, now that one has gone up $17 to 98 bucks!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
You snooze....you win. If you're Charlie Sheen

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I don't really understand that one, but after reading the negative reviews for these at Amazon it seems it's not a loss; complaints about clean-up. Too much of a PITA and I think most would just continue to use microwave popcorn since there is no clean-up and it's the ultimate in convenience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.