AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
It does not look familiar to me. I don't think it's a Paragon, Gold Medal, Benchmark or Cretors. I suggest emailing the seller to ask if there is a model # on the machine then googling that model# to see what you come up with for reviews, new value, etc.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That look like an older popcorn machine. Take a portion pak of popcorn over and see how it pops before you buy. Looks nice though!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Good call on the machine, MEG. I confirmed with Gold Medal that this is a Pinto Pop machine about 20-25 years old.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help!

Sadly the craigslist seller was extremely unhelpful and refused to tell me anything except that it works and it is pointless to find anything else out. The only information I got out of him was that it had a label that said contact the manufacturer for information, but he wouldn't even tell me who the manufacturer was!

It was a very odd response and I wouldn't want to buy from him because of it.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help everyone!

I actually found another one from a much nicer seller for $100.

I hope to pick it up tonight (a bit over an hour drive)

It's a Cretons Goldrush GR6.

I've read Cretons are good and also see this machine new is quite expensive.

Any comments or concerns on the Goldrush GR6?

The seller doesn't believe it has a heated warming deck besides the light, but I think it does. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

·
Registered
739 Posts
It sounds like it's a "Cretors" (not "Creton") machine. Yes, that's a nice machine and a great deal for $100 if in good shape. It does have a warming deck if it's the Gold Rush machine. It goes for about $675 new. Go grab it while you can!
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh yes, cretors!

He says once clean it's like new! Although the C in the popcorn writing is a bit messed up. I can't wait! Have been craigslisting daily for quite awhile now waiting for a good deal!

Now onto researching popcorn choices. Any recommendations? I'm assuming buying bulk popcorn and oil saves quite a bit over the pre-packs?

thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts