AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pc full of .avi, .iso and mpeg and .wmv

What is going to be the best item to get, I can either spend $250 on a network style box, or buy a $99 western digi and an extra external hdd

Please let me know, I want something simple the wife can use

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what are subs? I have 3 tv's 2 with cable boxes. This is my 3rd tv and i just want to be able to stream stuff off of my pc or a portable hard drive for that tv. I was thinking the western digital would do everything i need, but i would like to have the network connectivity. If the western digital had that it would work.

I like the way the a110n will mount iso's as well.

Do you like the a110n interface, do you think it is a wise purchase or is something better right around the corner.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike /forum/post/15442316

what are subs? I have 3 tv's 2 with cable boxes. This is my 3rd tv and i just want to be able to stream stuff off of my pc or a portable hard drive for that tv. I was thinking the western digital would do everything i need, but i would like to have the network connectivity. If the western digital had that it would work.

I like the way the a110n will mount iso's as well.

Do you like the a110n interface, do you think it is a wise purchase or is something better right around the corner.

The WDTV does not stream. That makes your choice easy: Popcorn Hour.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Consider an iStar or Kaiber for under $200.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.