AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
try: http://www.grandrapidspopcorn.com/index.html

There website isn't very good. They have everything you could imagine for popcorn and other concessions. Give em a call and maybe they can ship it to you. We are located about 25 minutes away and use them for all promotions and special sales. Their popcorn oil and seasoning is the best. They also have bags/boxes, machines, cottoncandy, and more.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
 www.gmpopcorn.com

This is Gold Medal's site. We have a distribution center here in town - I just drive over and pick up what I need.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Quote:
I use the Deuster company for stuff like that.
Thanks, Chris.

I'll be stopping in there, didn't know they existed and are 2 miles from my home !

Excellent pricing !

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I buy mine at Sam's. Although not premixed, you can't get much cheaper.

A 50# bag of corn is $10 (I don't know how many poppings it is in a 6oz machine, but it's a lot...3/4 cup each time.)

A gallon of oil, good for 64 poppings is $3.37....5 cents a batch.

Salt, good for 521 poppings, is $2.52...less than a penny a batch. That's following the directions, which I think is too salty.

What it boild down to, is I can spend $20 on 24 prepacks, or $18 on all this. I chose the bulk.

The pop ratio on the sack of corn is 41, which doesn't sound too high, but it's rediculously better than any other bulk popcorn I've tried. I went through about 15 different brands before I settled on this.

When I built my cart, I put a pull out bin...sort of like what you would find on a gardener's bench. It is hinged only at the bottom, and the top "slides" or pulls out. I load it with a plastic bag, and fill with the corn. I also put a door next to this, and mounted to the door are papertowels, and inside are my salt and oil. Keeps everything right there with me!

I'll take some updated pics and post so you can understand what I'm talking about if you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.