AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I am new to the board and was hoping I could get some help with a problem I have recently encountered. I am currently experiencing a popping sound comping out of my speakers in certain circumstances. My setup is a Sony STR-DG520 5.1 surround reciever connected to 5.1 large Clements speakers. The problem occurs mostly when changing or starting audio streams, (such as starting a movie/video game) and even more commonly when controlling on-screen menus from my PS3 or TIVO HD. When flipping through the PS3 XMB menu icons the PS3 produces little feedback clicks. It is during these clicks that I sometimes hear the popping. On my TIVO it happens many times when pressing the thumbs up button repeatedly. I have toggled the audio output between bitsream and linear PCM, and change the connections to the reciever from digital optical out and composite to no avail. The sound mainly comes out of the front speakers, never from the sub or the back speakers. Luckily, it never happens during extended movie playback or video game playing.

Any ideas what could cause this and a solution?

Thanks!

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts