2,758 Posts
from PT.com

Anesthetize

DVD/BD

Anesthetize Special Edition

120 page book

2 CD (soundtrack + one bonus track)

DVD/BD

I think you may see a sampler of the video if you go to pt.com and click on Video: Way Out Of Here (Live)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Filmed in high definition and taken from two concerts given by Porcupine Tree at Tilburg, The Netherlands, at the end of the Fear of a Blank Planet tour in October 2008, this deluxe special edition includes a 130 minute concert film on both standard definition DVD and high definition Blu-Ray disc,

The package also includes two audio CDs of the entire live film soundtrack, alongside a bonus track not featured in the film.

Limited to 4,000 copies with a grey cover and 1,000 copies with a red cover, the special edition comes in a beautiful cloth bound hardback book featuring concert photography of the band taken over the last few years.

I wonder how the audio is encoded on the BD. Looks like the Red version is already sold out.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
It doesn't state is the BD is in DTS MA HD or just DTS 5.1...hope it's lossless.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple /forum/post/18468166

It doesn't state is the BD is in DTS MA HD or just DTS 5.1...hope it's lossless.

I fell over 99% confident that knowing SW's detection to HQ MC sound it will be TrueHD and/or DTS MA and/or LPCM.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elee532 /forum/post/18468444

Anyone know what the standard edition will cost? I don't see it listed on the website anywhere.

Would have thought someone would post before me:

The standard edition BD is available for pre-order on Amazon.com for $17.49 - a very preliminary listing, no details other than "2-disc" and a release date of 15 June (2010).

Hmm, just checked, and the DVD is listed for more! Weird, I thought they were the same when I ordered the BD (not that is matters to me...)

shinksma

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinksma /forum/post/18501671

Would have thought someone would post before me:

The standard edition BD is available for pre-order on Amazon.com for $17.49 - a very preliminary listing, no details other than "2-disc" and a release date of 15 June (2010).

Hmm, just checked, and the DVD is listed for more! Weird, I thought they were the same when I ordered the BD (not that is matters to me...)

shinksma

Thanks also,

Pre-ordered and a good price.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We must continue to support the genius of Steve Wilson! I have the Grey one on pre-order! The Red was sold out the first day it was announced.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Amazon's listings for this seem to be waffling around in price and description.

The item I ordered as a BD is now listed as "Anesthetize (2pc) (Wbr Ws) (2008)", and is described as a DVD only. There is a separate listing for the original DVD listing too, at a cheaper price.

So has Amazon confused itself because the BD also comes with a DVD?

Very annoying - I don't want to end up with a DVD. And I know it is useless to ask Amazon directly at this stage, since they don't have the item in stock yet and the CSR can probably only tell me the same info as what the listing says.

Is "wbr" an Amazon code for Widescreen Blu-ray?

shinksma

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
I saw the same thing, I'm puzzled as you're. I'm gonna wait until it is released, then users can fill out the blank for me.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinksma /forum/post/18549937

Amazon's listings for this seem to be waffling around in price and description.

The item I ordered as a BD is now listed as "Anesthetize (2pc) (Wbr Ws) (2008)", and is described as a DVD only. There is a separate listing for the original DVD listing too, at a cheaper price.

The item I ordered is now (correctly) labeled on Amazon as "DVD + Blu-ray". Yay! Price is now higher than when I ordered, and is still a bargain, IMHO.

shinksma

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Received my Anesthetize (Special Edition) (Grey) yesterday from Burning Shed. Very very cool package. I'm going to go checkout the BD and will try to report back.

Added: Audio is DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 24 bit Stereo LPCM.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I see this now on Amazon:

Anesthetize (DVD + Blu-ray) Availability Message

We have sold through our allocation of the "Anesthetize" DVD + Blu-ray Edition. The "Anesthetize" single-disc DVD edition is still available to order.

My pre-order is still scheduled to ship at the end of the month. It was $17.49.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Received the regular DVD with DTS-HD 5.1 sound this weekend. It is an excellent video of the FOABP tour, and the sound ain't too bad. While not as pristine or fully multichannel audio as the DVD-A FOABP album, there are many treasures here, especially the second half of the concert with tracks from Signify and Deadwing. One gets to hear and appreciate the subtle keyboard soundscapes from Barbieri as well as Edwins' tremendous bass playing, along with the quieter acoustic moments and vocal harmonizations, which made up for the distorted sonic assault I had experienced live at the Warfield during this tour. The surround-sound mix did not particularly stand out for me, but all-in-all this is a great visual and audio record of a superb concept album (with nearly half the concert containing less "heavier" songs from earlier releases) played live by a band that is at the top of its game.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
the regular DVD has DTS-HD? could it be you are playing the blu-ray

btw, Colin Edwin is the bassist

1 - 20 of 75 Posts