AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is the one. I paid about $170 after rebates. I was shopping for the cheapest 7" so the quality is not as good as some others around $250-300, but good enough for long road trips as car passsenger. It has video in too, which some don't have so I can send the output of video games to the kids in the back seat. It also can invert the picture so I can stick it upside-down over the sun visor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I really got lucky this week. I picked up an AMW M270 in great condition at a pawn shop for $85. I hadn't seen this thread and didn't know about it's ability to play raw Replay mpgs burned as files on a data DVD-R......what a plus!

It seems to be built by the same company as my Aspire home DVD player, the AD-1100, as it has almost the same menu design and options. The 7" screen does a pretty good job in the quality department, too. If your looking for a decent portable to play 5XXX Replay mpgs, and come across a M270, go for it!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
What exactly is "so quick to rip some videos and burn to disc" when you have to extract your 3xxx box from it's roost & remove it's guts to get at the mpgs?

Seems like a major PITA IMHO. when compared to ethering over to a PC via DVA.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If gadgetjon is still doing that (his post was from Jan 2004), it does seem like a hassle. I'm using DVArchive 3 with my 5040 and my 5080......transfer and then burn to DVD-R as a data disk.

The Aspire AD-1100 has been great, and now I have the same thing in a portable player with the AMW M270!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.