AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an Epson HC1060 and an inflatable screen to view movies in the backyard from time to time. I used an old Sony Blu-Ray player I had laying around and a fairly large JVC boom box for sound. I set it up and it actually looks and sounds amazing! Now I'm trying to figure out how to keep all this together in one or two boxes to rollout and packup fairly quickly. I have an idea of what I want but I haven't been able to settle on any particular system.

What are you all using to store/rollout your equipment???

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I just purchased an Epson HC1060 and an inflatable screen to view movies in the backyard from time to time. I used an old Sony Blu-Ray player I had laying around and a fairly large JVC boom box for sound. I set it up and it actually looks and sounds amazing! Now I'm trying to figure out how to keep all this together in one or two boxes to rollout and packup fairly quickly. I have an idea of what I want but I haven't been able to settle on any particular system.

What are you all using to store/rollout your equipment???
We setup a 5.2 system with an Epson HC1060 projector, VisualApex 144" screen, 4 speaker tripods, Polk Audio/Klipsch/Velodyne speakers and electronics.

Speakers and cables are stored in 3 HDX 27 gallon storage totes from Home Depot. The HC1060 fits nicely in a Plano Protector Case from Bass Pro Shops. The screen comes in a very nice nylon case from the factory and the speaker tripods are in Gator nylon cases designed to transport tripods.

The electronics are mounted in a Gator 6 unit portable rack case; Denon AVR, Sony Blu-ray, and DuneHD/Zidoo media players.

We roll it to the back yard on a hand truck. Take's me a little less than 1 hour to set up by myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We setup a 5.2 system with an Epson HC1060 projector, VisualApex 144" screen, 4 speaker tripods, Polk Audio/Klipsch/Velodyne speakers and electronics.

Speakers and cables are stored in 3 HDX 27 gallon storage totes from Home Depot. The HC1060 fits nicely in a Plano Protector Case from Bass Pro Shops. The screen comes in a very nice nylon case from the factory and the speaker tripods are in Gator nylon cases designed to transport tripods.

The electronics are mounted in a Gator 6 unit portable rack case; Denon AVR, Sony Blu-ray, and DuneHD/Zidoo media players.

We roll it to the back yard on a hand truck. Take's me a little less than 1 hour to set up by myself.

OUTSTANDING!!! Where do you put your projector when you roll the system out?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I use a VisualApex projector stand. You can see it in the picture here. It folds up quite small, comes with a nylon carry case that expands to hold a projector. It's stored in the totes.

Each leg is independently adjustable making projector screen alignment quick and easy. Height is adjustable from 18.5" to 44".

Here's a link to the product: https://visualapexscreens.com/products/projector-stand

Attachments

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
FWIW, I made a 50' cable snake for the L/C/R speakers. Makes it easy to run the wires.

Each speaker has a 1/4" Jack pigtail for quick connections. Banana pins for quick connection at the AVR.

The back of the rack case has an HDMI/RCA patch panel for subwoofer and HDMI projector connection and a spare HDMI input. That takes the strain off the HDMI connection ports at the AVR.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts