AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New to the forum. Just wondering if I could get some advice on a small projector for my room - roughly 3.5x3.5m. I've been doing some googling for the past few days and it seems like its best to get something with at least 300 lumens. I won't be using during the day, only in fully dark room. Just want something that will project about 50-60 inches, or bigger is possible. I'm after a projector because I want something I can hide away, don't want a big ugly TV sitting in my room. Need HDMI, composite, audio out and usb to play mkvs( maybe i'm asking for too much?). Mainly be using for movie viewing and a little bit of ps3. Most importantly, I'm after something that won't produce much noise. I do have a small amp and speakers so maybe that won't be too much of an issue. Don't want to spend over $500.

So far i'm looking at a couple - Qumi Q2 and AAXA P300. Don't wanna spend over $500. Does anyone know anything about these models or something similar that would suit my needs?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
look at any of the lg led projectors, read the threads on this site. I have the lg hx300g from a few years back and it is 300 lumens and an 80 inch screen is fine from 2.5m away, the newer ones are 720p and you have to check that the focus is good but other than that they seem to be fine and the lg pa75k seems to be 3d out of the box which is rare for led projectors . to check what size screen your going to get use this http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator-pro.cfm

·
Registered
514 Posts
There are two type of focus issues, first the unit will be out of focus until it warms up 15 minutes or so and then your set. The second you will have to buy and return to the store 3 or 4 times until you get a unit that has good focus, this is mostly LG.

If you don't have your expectations too high you will be happy. I was looking at the acer k330 myself but am now waiting for the new models in Sept. 25-28 cedia and then ces.

There are a few good youtube video reviews that give a good idea about the projectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts