AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

So I just took my first step into the world of projection and purchased the LSP9t. Our use case has it that we would like to have a screen to pair it with that we can use indoors and outdoors (on occasion). Cost is not the largest concern here, so I have been open to looking at both the VividStorm and the Elite Screens Darkstar UST FR.

That being said, I'd appreciate thoughts from all of you as to what you might think could make sense in my situation!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been doing some research myself, I think the Screen Innovations Solo Pro 2 should be exactly what you need, it's motorized and it has built in batteries so you can move it around without plugging it in. It's available with their tab tensioned UST screen which is known to be one the absolute best UST screens on the market.
This one is on the top of my list but it's very pricey at 120 inches. Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Vendor
NX7 + ST130, Firehawk & Black Diamond + Marantz 8012 + Def Tech 9080s +more.
587 Posts
I've been doing some research myself, I think the Screen Innovations Solo Pro 2 should be exactly what you need, it's motorized and it has built in batteries so you can move it around without plugging it in. It's available with their tab tensioned UST screen which is known to be one the absolute best UST screens on the market.
This one is on the top of my list but it's very pricey at 120 inches. Hope this helps, good luck!
Solo Pro 2 with ST caps out at 100". That being said, if that's the right size for you it is the best portable option from a size and power perspective... not to mention the most premium UST ALR surface as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. So I've spent a bit of time researching what you suggested, and the Solo Pro 2 makes a lot of sense, and is available near me. My only issue with the Solo Pro is that it caps out at 100", so in that sense I've been debating it vs the Vividstorm (don't criticize me if Vividstorm is significantly a deterioration of quality, this is my first projector/screen purchase after all!)

The dealer also offered the Solo Pro 2 with the Solo Go, which is a discontinued stand for the original Solo Pro. Not sure if thats the suggested way to mount it, or if it would be better to just pick a couple of walls and put some mounts on them instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts