AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good good good good stuff!


http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/05/po...r-due-in-2010/

Quote:
Game Informer has revealed that its April 2010 cover story is none other than ... Portal 2 -- which Valve has given a release window of "this holiday season." The magazine's site teases the 12-page feature, calling the game "a full-fledged, standalone sequel" with "new gameplay mechanics, storyline, and some surprising new twists."

It doesn't specify, but I would assume a 360 release, in addition to PC..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Don't have to rely on the ARG for unconfirmed tidbits:

http://kotaku.com/5486758/portal-2-a...s-this-holiday


Their source is Gamestop's listing for the game:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=77276
Quote:
Coming this holiday. Portal 2 is the sequel to 2007's Game of the Year and draws from the award-winning formula of innovative game play, story, and music that earned the original over 70 industry accolades. Features single and multiplayer co-op modes. The single-player portion of Portal 2 introduces a cast of dynamic new characters, a host of fresh puzzle elements, and a much larger set of devious test chambers. Players will explore never-before-seen areas of the Aperture Science Labs and be reunited with GLaDOS, the occasionally murderous computer companion who guided them through the original game. The game’s two-player cooperative mode features its own entirely separate campaign with a unique story, test chambers, and two new player characters. This new mode forces players to reconsider everything they thought they knew about portals. Success will require them to not just act cooperatively, but to think cooperatively.

I can't wait...


edit: oh yeah...Gamestop also lists a 360 version...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,992 Posts
Co-op Portal could be....very confusing.


So we can expect this in 2014 sometime? I mean, I'm still waiting for HL2: Episode 3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/18256777


Co-op Portal could be....very confusing.


So we can expect this in 2014 sometime? I mean, I'm still waiting for HL2: Episode 3.

the fact actual meterials from the game are being shown means the game is likely almost done at this point., Meanwhile nothing has been shown from ep3 yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Always remember Valve time...never forget it:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Quote:
(This year's) holiday season->Fall of next year

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they try another orange box again with portal 2 + hl2 ep3...I think portal and tf2 together boosted sales of ep3 beyond what they expected. I bet they'll try that again. What that means for TF2 or what would replace tf2 (if anything) I don't know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
Portal2? Definitely an automatic buy for me. The XBL Arcade version of Portal was some of the most fun I have ever had!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
Yeah I'd buy that game in a second. I would like them to make it a full fledged game in length instead of the more demo feel the current game has. Really tie into the story of Half Life. It's such a fascinating universe that it could stand to be fleshed out a bit more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,613 Posts
YES! More lying of the cakez!11!

Companion Cube confirmed for the sequel as one of the new playable characters, as a character that survived death and wants revenge on Glados.












VALVE BETTER DO THIS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,795 Posts
This is AWESOME news! Can't wait for my new copy of GI!

The only thing that would be more awesome than new portal would be episode thh.... Ugh, I just made myself sad...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,283 Posts
day 1 buy easy..but a little nervous, just because it is tough to imagine anything topping the 1st portal just because the 1st portal was a new fresh game with one of the best endings in video game history
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
I just wish Valve would hurry up and release Episode 3! I still have to finish the original Portal too...great game!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
I have never understood all the HL love...it's just okay in my book. However, Portal was completely fresh and justified the purchase of the Orange Box for me...


Well, used purchase off of E-Bay that is...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmustang /forum/post/18271834


I have never understood all the HL love...it's just okay in my book. However, Portal was completely fresh and justified the purchase of the Orange Box for me...


Well, used purchase off of E-Bay that is...

Well when did you play the Half Life Series? If you played it on the consoles (Orange Box on 360), it didn't feel that great.


But if you Played HL2 on PC when it came out in 2004, it was easily one of the best experiences I've ever had with a game: the eerie, open environments, the gravity gun, the graphics at the time, the story, etc. Since then, there has been a million copy cat games, which makes HL2 feel a little more generic now.


But Portal was and is always awesome. Hopefully they took their time to make a complete game, not a 5 hour tech demo, which was the only criticism Portal 1 could have garnered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7evan /forum/post/18273127


Well when did you play the Half Life Series? If you played it on the consoles (Orange Box on 360), it didn't feel that great.


But if you Played HL2 on PC when it came out in 2004, it was easily one of the best experiences I've ever had with a game: the eerie, open environments, the gravity gun, the graphics at the time, the story, etc. Since then, there has been a million copy cat games, which makes HL2 feel a little more generic now.


But Portal was and is always awesome. Hopefully they took their time to make a complete game, not a 5 hour tech demo, which was the only criticism Portal 1 could have garnered.

Possibly. I only played HL1 & 2 via the Orange box on 360.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmustang /forum/post/18284876


Possibly. I only played HL1 & 2 via the Orange box on 360.

Same here. While it did show it's age, I still LOVED the game. I can't wait for Ep. 3.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top