AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I finished my first set of sealed MFWs and wanted to use them in the same room as my original MFWs which are ported and tuned to approx 19hz.

From what I've read the phase issue from the backwave of the driver results in cancellation issues below the tuning frequency of the ported sub.

Is there any way around this? is it that big a deal? if it's that detrimental I'll have two MFWs just sitting idle!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic /forum/post/20861589

Just plug the ports, if it's an issue.

Aha! Now this is a possibility!

If I plug the ports internally the enclosure volume is actually close to the recommended 2.5-3.0ft^3. I then just need to build two extra enclosures for 2 the two extra MFWs(which I happen to have) which will net 8 sealed MFWs all playing nice together and turning my brain to mush.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic /forum/post/20861589

Just plug the ports, if it's an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic /forum/post/20861715

I build almost everything ported, even if I want sealed. Because it's easy to turn a ported sealed, but not the other way around. Especially if you want to play around and see what sounds best.

This is what I'd do but as Beast mentioned you can use some delays and other adjustments to make sure they all play nice. If your ported MFW's have their original amp then they may have a filter in place to protect it

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/20861970

This is what I'd do but as Beast mentioned you can use some delays and other adjustments to make sure they all play nice. If your ported MFW's have their original amp then they may have a filter in place to protect it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.