AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been swapping some Emails with Kyle of Acoustic Visions and building a pretty good thumper sub.In my 19x4 room, with one door.

He reccomended a Ported Titanic with a Rythmic 360 w amp.Dont know the exact box size,but imagine it is the optimum for output,since I said size wasnt really an issue.Seeing that the Titanic is pretty efficent,how would it compare to a SVS PB-2?I currently have a Rava,and its a nice sub,but just

not enough.I want this next sub to be a keeper for a while.The $899 PB-2 price is about my ceiling for cost.So far I have thought about.....

SVS PB-2

Adire Dharman

A R.A.D sub

Titanic by Acoustic Visions

Parts Express 15 in sealed Titanic/ 100w amp kit

any opinions/advice /experience....toss it my way.As I am starting to get REAL confused LOL

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You can read my entire post and story a couple threads above but in a nut shell I was on my second set of dual subs, both 10" front firing stacked with seperate amps for each. My last set were NHT's. I could not get over all the hype on the SVS and had to try it. I got the PB2+ as soon as it came out. To put it bluntly.... no comparison... its eats up the duals and I have a big room with 14' ceilings. You can feel the bass in movies make the chest on your hair stand up. SVS Rocks! I have just about replaced my entire system over the last 2 years mostly by help from forums such as this and have yet to be steered the wrong way except on one thing... The Pronto remote... I hated it, sent it back and got a Theatermaster 500 and love it and its like 1/5 the cost. I'm one of those that think.. well thats not enough $$ must be lacking something. I have found out that in alot of cases such as subs and remotes this is not true.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Greg,

A Titanic 15" in a large ported enclosure is going to get you closest to the PB-2 in output and should be well over 110dB in room at 20Hz with the Rythmik amp.

MRL,

In all fairness, Greg's Rava should have been capable of eating up the dual NHT's as well. The NHT's are not known for their output capabilities. It's no real surprise that a large ported sub with dual 12" high excursion drivers will outgun two small, sealed enclosures with not very high excursion drivers.

The Univeral Remote Control products are excellent. I've used the MX-500 in several customers' systems and am using an MX-700 in my system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Brian,thats the kind of info I was looking for.Damn...110dB @20hz,that would really do some damage to my little room.

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Greg in OKLA
Thanks Brian,thats the kind of info I was looking for.Damn...110dB @20hz,that would really do some damage to my little room.

Thanks

Greg
Well, think about it number vise. Reference level for main speakers is 85dB with peaks to 105dB. For subwoofer it's 115dB, and if you send the bass from your mains to the sub it could be even higher. I'd say in the range of 120-125dB.

This is some serious bass :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I had the Titanic 12" MKIII in a Stryke Custom Mini-Thunder (17" squared instead of 16" squared). And it really does not come close to the Stryke AV12. In a small baox the AV12 is hard to beat. Though in a large cabinet, the AV15 should be a "small" step above the 15" Titanic, for about the same price!

My .02

Good Luck!

Patrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.