AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will very soon make one last very important upgrade .... and it is a front projector ...... PLVZ1, INFOCUS X1, and PTL300U.

Now does anyone have any suggestions as to where I may be able to demo any of these models? Ive posted a thread like this before with no answer ...... The INFOCUS piece is very appealing, but it requires me viewing it for a least fifteen minutes .... since I live in Portand this should also be the easiest one to find a demo of.

But if anyone in the Portland Or. area has any of these PJ'S available for me to view or can point me to a place that does ... please email me at [email protected] or post a reply. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'd also be interested in an answer to this question. So far the only places I've seen PJs being demo'd in the Portland area are Fry's (down the 5 freeway), a couple Magnolia HiFi's (Beaverton and Tigard), and Sony Only (downtown). Unfortunately, they all seem to demo the same couple of projectors - must get a pretty good margin on them. Sony Only has the Infocus 7200 and the Sony HS10. The Infocus of course is gorgeous, as it should be for $10k, and the HS10 held it's own pretty nicely. I sure would like to see an X1 or Z1 to see what the extra $1500 for the HS10 would really buy me in picture quality. By the time I get around to it, the mythical X2 will probably be released...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ANYONE?! just suggestions ...... I too have only seen a couple magnolias demo infocus pieces ... frys as well ......still need to see the hs10 in action.

also a he-3100 at audio video library. Any others that may have the z1 or x1 would be nice.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Home video library has the HS10. Fred's Sound of Music has more expensive ones. Projectus also has quite a few, but that is in lake oswego.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats models does projectus have on display? .... and where exactly in lake oswego? ......... anywhere in the prland area would be great east side or west side from vancover down to clackamas! I dont want to invest 1500 - 2000 on a projector i wont be satisfied with! Thanks for the responses keep them coming. thanks!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Projectus ( www.projectus.com ) is located on Upper Boones Ferry near where the 5 and 217 meet. They just moved into a new building and have a "grand opening" scheduled for May 22. I stopped by and talked to them last week. They're open now but don't have all of their rooms set up quite yet. It's going to be a pretty cool place - big enough to display 5 or 6 different projectors at once in a variety of viewing conditions (more real-world than the typical cave you see most FPJs demo'd in). They were incredibly helpful and set up the Z1 for me to demo (major screendoor - yuck). My decision is now between an HS10 and a L300U. I've seen the HS10 at Sony Only downtown, and it's pretty impressive although the blacks are sub-par as reported. Now I just need to find the L300U for a demo. If it's as good as everyone says it is, I'll buy it and have enough for a good pull-down screen left over out of my $3k budget.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got my Z1 at Projectus. Very nice to deal with and the prices couldn't be beat. (If you don't buy their in home setup, etc.)

I haven't been to their new store yet, but they were able to set up and display the z1 for me and check for any dead pixels.

I would definately check them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.