AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just installed my Toshiba HD receiver, scanned for local channels and found:

2-1 KATU-DT

6-1 KOIN-DT

6-2 KOIN-DT

6-3 KOIN-DT

8-1 KGW-HD

8-2 KGW-SD

49-1 KPDX-DT

With HBO-HD, HDNET, and Sho-HD that brings me up to 6 channels, am I missing any local DT channels? (Am I just poorly aimed, or do the missing channels only broadcast at certin times.)

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also as I'm getting a bit of break up... any suggestions for a good indoors, or possibly a decent outdoors/apt patio DTV antenna?

Ben

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, looks like now I've added:

10-1 (KOPBDT)

and 12-1 (KPTVDT) but definately need to replace my silver s. antenna it seems to be too directional for Portland.

Thanks for any suggestions on antennas that would work in an apt.

Ben

(oh, also I am on the south side of Lloyd Center.) (Facing south.)

·
Registered
983 Posts
no love from holysin :)

if you are pretty close to the antenna and worry about multupath

they the mtv-1a, pretty sweet - for a city man.

it should be a bit better than your silver sensor.

(i have both)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, thanks Ziel :) How is nyc treating you?

Ordering it now since it has a money back guarantee. If that doesn't work I'll go to an outdoors one for my balcony.

Ben

·
Registered
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by holysin
Ok, looks like now I've added:

10-1 (KOPBDT)

and 12-1 (KPTVDT) but definately need to replace my silver s. antenna it seems to be too directional for Portland.

Thanks for any suggestions on antennas that would work in an apt.

Ben

(oh, also I am on the south side of Lloyd Center.) (Facing south.)
You could try a Radio Shack double bow-tie antenna, but from the Lloyd District facing south (can you see any of the towers in the Sylvan area?) the Silver Sensor maybe your best bet.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Holy,

I'm at the foot of the west hills at the bottom of the West Slope area and find I can get all the digital stations without having to move my antenna at all. It is a standard RS (channelmaster?) directional antenna I have in my attic. It took a fair amount of experimentation to find the "sweet spot" but it can be done. Good luck.

BTW, you really should post questions like this in the Local forum (get better response too :)).

ron

·
Registered
353 Posts
With the exception of Fox - I get all the digital channels with my stationary BlueBoy antenna. Although Fox was actually coming in last night too. No idea why the change . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.