AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 110 inch screen. The wall i intend to hang the screen on is 3m high. Projector will sit on a shelf 5.6m away from screen. Viewing position is also around 5m. how high from the floor must the lower frame of the screen be ? Does the projector lens have to be centre to the screen ? Thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It depends on the screen. some screens need to be "in-line" (like the Hipower), some are angular reflective (like my Firehawk), and some dont matter (neutral and low gain screens?).

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luweiba /forum/post/18164589

i have a 110 inch screen. The wall i intend to hang the screen on is 3m high. Projector will sit on a shelf 5.6m away from screen. Viewing position is also around 5m. how high from the floor must the lower frame of the screen be ? Does the projector lens have to be centre to the screen ? Thanks.

A general rule of thumb for screen position is 1/3 of the viewing area below seated viewer eye level and 2/3 above. Some people prefer a lower position of screen center equal to seated eye level. User preference. BTW, a 110" screen's viewing area is about 137 cm high. You might find my Easy Calculator useful (link below).

Ideally, to make the screen center the brightest part of the image on an angular reflective screen like the BW, you want to make the angle of the projector lens above a line perpendicular to the screen center equal to the angle of the viewer below the line perpendicular to the screen center. If your viewing distance is roughly the same as your projector throw, this means the projector lens height should be about as far above the screen center as your seated viewer eye level is below screen center.

You can depart quite a bit from this ideal projector height without making a noticeable difference, as it is non-critical on low to moderate gain screens like the BW. In particular, you may have to depart from this ideal projector height in order for the projector beam to adequately clear the heads of any viewers seated between the projector and the screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts