AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the panasonic 711xu and need to bring the picture down a few feet. I have it on the top of an A/V stand. Unscrewing the back leg does not do it enough. If there and type of lens shift feature? I know I can move the picture up a down a little but again this doesn't bring the picture down enough for me.

If there is no other solution I will move it down a shelf but that would limit the air flow around it a bit which is something I am trying to avaoid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brando2,

I recently acquired the same projector, but I guess your problem is not specific to this particular machine. This is my first projector.

In my setup, the projector is on specially designed bookshelve near the ceiling. I built my shelve system before getting the PJ. When I got the PJ and put it on the shelve as planned, I was surprised to see the image showing on the ceiling of the room, not on the screen on the other wall!

The thing I realized, and this makes perfect sense, is that the optics of the projector are made so that the projector is not centered vertically with respect to the image. The bottom of the image is nearly aligned with the lens, hence the "image on the ceiling effect" when the projector is close to the ceiling.

I could have tilted the projector down using some kind of stand, but then, the trapezoidal effect would have been unacceptable. So what I had to do, is build some king of mounting bracket that allows my projector to be upside down, but still attached to the shelf. I would have been too risky for me to ceiling-mount it because I have radiant heating in the ceiling, and I did not want to risk breaking the wires.

So basically, I do no know how high up your projector is, but you could consider flipping it upside down. You will have to reverse the image using an option in the menu though.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.